Friday, June 14, 2024

Friday W00T!

 I was up too late/early, got all involved watching this Canadian movie that pretty much told the Sackler Oxycontin story with everything pseudonim'd of course. Plus it was filmed in Detroit which is apparently right near the Canadian border so there was plenty of icy/wintry atmosphere. I didn't plan to stay up watching the thing but it hooked me in. I'd say it was on a par with "Premium Rush" which was a definite B movie but I watched it when it was in the theater when I first moved here to San Jose and I thought it was pretty good. 

I woke up before 9, then kind of half-slept until about 11:30. Then time to get up and have my cup of Elite. The label says "Can also be used to make Cold Coffee" well, it makes excellent cold coffee, mixing better than any other instant I've tried. I imagine IDF soldiers in the field being very happy with the stuff. 

I'd spent most of the evening sorting a lot of integrated circuits, out of two large cabinets with tons of tiny drawer things. When I was done, I put the things out by the dumpster enclosure and was really happy to see some lady come by in a car and pick them up in the wee hours of the morning. I've bought those things a number of times myself and never had that much real use for them. 

I got a couple of neat Taps Across America stickers in the mail today. Nice of 'em. Too bad I was too much under the weather to actually, you know, go out and play Taps. I think there are 2-3 times a year when it's a good thing to go out and play Taps so I need to do so when I can. It's good practice. I don't like to think of anything happening to Ken but if so, I should be prepared to play Taps and also Copland's Fanfare For The Common Man. 

One thing I'm thinking is, I want to find a cornet that's the "Shepard's Crook" version as those are extra short. I can stick one of of those in my bike bag and no one will know it's in there. The reason for that is, on Friday nights, I can start for downtown, do the post office and the bank if needed, then busk for an hour or two then pack it up and go to the temple for services. I can also mess around with a plunger mute which might be fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Things left unsaid

 They were holding another rave or whatever the hell it is last night. Tons of people, starting at 2AM, parking lot full, people hustling in...