Sunday, June 9, 2024

I hate computers

 I made the mistake of visiting the web site of a music store in Tel Aviv with the result that I got the bug that makes Firefox send tons of fake virus warning messages. So  I cleared all data in Firefox with the end result now that I'm shut out of Ebay until I can get someone at Ken's house to answer the phone and get a secret password number that I have to get from them, and key in here. 

Never again will I visit the web site of any music store in Israel, but will only do business with them face-to-face, if and when I get there. 

I'm also still dismayed that my accounting of what's in my bank account and what the bank's accounting is, shows about a $1000 difference. So from here on out, when I deposit my (normally) weekly pay check, I will take out, from the bank itself, the $200 I allow myself to spend, this making any use of my card in a credit card terminal a rare thing and easily tracked. 

Since I'm off of drinking other than a bottle of wine on Friday night, my finances should start looking really good again. In fact, even after putting $20 aside as I used to do, $20 a week to build up a cash-stash, I still have $60 in my wallet. 

I had a hard time getting going because I don't really need the money, but I do need to get out busking at least once a week for the sake of practice. So I finally got going maybe 3:30 in the afternoon. I got rid of my trash at my secret trash can which is only frequented by zombies -a different set of zombies than the zombies around here - and then went over to Nijiya and parked the bike. 

I walked across the street to Kogura's which miraculously was open, and they had calligraphy pens in 3 different widths so I got all three since they're only about $2.25 each. I also marveled at their new assortment of Hario coffee making stuff and told the guy there how great Hario stuff is. He was thankful to hear this because apparently it was his decision to stock it. I said the only place I know of to get Hario coffee filters etc is all the way out at the end of Stevens Creek Boulevard at Marukai Market. It's a *long* bike ride. 

I got a nice bento at a can of coffee at Nijiya and went over to the old hospital to eat. Then I swung by Nijiya again to use the loo, chewed gum to cleanse my mouth, and now was all ready to go right over to the Old Spaghetti Factory to busk. 

Except I went there and there was some kind of really loud band going on so that was out. Over to Whole Foods. It was windy there, but the wind had the effect of keeping the grifters away because it's hard to grift when your booth blows away. I set up right away, and after playing my first song it was 4:39. 

I actually stuck it out until 6:39 and made $42. That's decent money in this town. It was hard going because of the wind, and I got a lot of $1's plus a couple $5's and a $10. In the last half-hour, a "Save The Children" grifter set up, with no booth so I thought this was just a freelance beggar. I stuck it out, played my "Goodnight!" jingle, packed up, and talked with her a bit. She was nice enough, and I'm not sure what the racket is - maybe getting ahold of people's credit card information and cleaning them out, not sure. 

I went in and got a cucumber, butter, lemon juice, odd things like that but forgot cream so I guess I'll have to pay H Mart's high price tomorrow. Unless I'm going back downtown which I might be able to do, if I only have a few small things to ship. I won't know what's going on until Ken and I team up to hack into Ebay again. 

I was supposed to call Ken at 9 but he didn't answer. I tried again at 11 and still no answer, then called his house number and said Ebay'd sent, a few times, a code number to his cell, and could he tell me the latest one. That got me back into Ebay so I can get back to work.

In between 9 and 11, I took a lot of "prepper stores" I had around here, stuff I thought I'd sell on Craig's List for the most part, and put it out for anyone to pick up. We're talking several hundred pounds of stuff. Nothing is moving on Craig's List right now. I need to concentrate not on trying to sell on Craig's List but on getting out there busking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Things left unsaid

 They were holding another rave or whatever the hell it is last night. Tons of people, starting at 2AM, parking lot full, people hustling in...