Tuesday, June 25, 2024

Dachau II

 https://www.reddit.com/r/politics/comments/1do69fi/san_antonio_us_rep_chip_roy_says_he_wants_to/

Keep in mind that Dachau, the first concentration camp, was built to hold Germans, not Jews. Germans who didn't agree with Hitler. I'm linking the whole thread because the discussion is really good and brings up a lot of points - such as, that they want to eliminate rich whites with Ivy degrees. My father was far from rich (there's no money in programming computers) but he had an Ivy degree so presumably if he were alive he'd be rounded up. Lots of good points in there though, not the least of which being a reminder that Pol Pot specifically targeted the educated. And in the newly founded USSR is was a real disability, even a one-way ticket to the gulag, to be educated. 

This is all OK with the dumb yokels but I'm really hoping that in the actual election, the vast majority of people get out and vote and throw Donnie Stinko out on his very ample ass. 

I listed 15 things and packed a bunch of things, and took off at the usual time for the post office and FedEx. I stopped by Tom's on the way back to drop off some fancy but unsalted nuts with him. I figured he could at least use them to feed to his "pet" crow, as I'd noticed he didn't have any raw peanuts on hand the last time I was there. The truth is that I'd tried salting the nuts, and even putting some "popcorn" flavored salt from Walmart on them, and they were still Meh. Plus the flavoring had dairy in it so I had to be careful when I ate the nuts, not with a meat meal for instance. 

So I'd washed them and laid them out on cardboard to dry out up in the loft, and they were crispy dry in a day and I'd put them back into the can which I'd also washed out. Tom took them ate some while we talked and while I drank a LeCroy fizzy water he gave me. 

Tom's wife is living with him full time now, it seems. He's said as much. I think officially she's living in his truck camper and it would all be OK if he weren't befriending bums like James who get him into constant trouble with inspectors. I said to Tom at least she's saving a lot on rent. 

I collected packing materials on the way home and got back here, cooked up a peanut gluten curry which was pretty good, and found a thing I only had an hour left to find, and packed it. Whew! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things left unsaid

 They were holding another rave or whatever the hell it is last night. Tons of people, starting at 2AM, parking lot full, people hustling in...