Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Tuesday, tuesday

 How come there aren't songs like Monday, Monday, except for Tuesday? 

Last night I moved some heavy stuff around and thus had room for some oscilloscopes I was able to get out of the office and a line analyzer I listed too. I listed 15 things today, packed about 20, and took the things to the post office and fedex as usual. 

I didn't make any blintzes last night, instead finishing off some olives and grated cheese and had a few pickles too. 

I picked up shipping things like boxes and padding on the way home, unloaded, and went right back out. I locked the bike at H Mart and walked over to Home Goods and found a couple of nonstick baking pans with neat plastic covers that looked promising. I went over to Ross and didn't find anything even close, so I went back over to Ross and bought them, and some xylitol gum that might be good. That was over $30. 

I went to Sprouts and bought some eggs and cream for coffee, then back to H Mart to buy a cucumber and a large carrot, and headed for home. 

While gathering shipping things I'd come across a "Family Size" box of breakfast cereal (candy) called Reese's Crunch or something, so on my 2nd time out, I'd stopped at Tom's to give it to him. He was busy deciding whether to buy some (stolen) power tools, and it looked pretty busy at his place so I didn't stay long. I went and did my shopping. 

On the way back I stopped by again because the most direct path back here went right by Tom's. By now one of Tom's pet bums, James, was finishing a bowl of the cereal, Tom had had a big bowl of it also, plus Tom's wife was there and she'd had some. Breakfast candy all around! I tried a little handful of it dry, and the stuff really does taste like Reese's peanut butter cups. 

We talked about this and that, and I heard about a little squabble between Bum #1 (James) and Bum #2 (Robert) and that's just life among bums - always fighting. I don't know why Tom likes to live that way - allowing bums to hang around. I've been around tons of people all my life, with  4 siblings, in schools and in the Army and in rooming houses, but I prefer to stay all alone rather than be around bums. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Things left unsaid

 They were holding another rave or whatever the hell it is last night. Tons of people, starting at 2AM, parking lot full, people hustling in...