Monday, June 10, 2024

Trying to keep the numbers good

 I was up in time to list 15 things before 1 in the afternoon, then packed the 5 small things I had to ship, and left here a little after 2. I was in just in time for my favorite lunch truck where I got two baked chicken drumsticks for $3 and ate them, then rode up to the post office to drop the packages off. 

I rode back to H Mart and locked the bike, and walked over to Sprouts. Now, this Wednesday-Thursday is the Jewish holiday of Shavuot, which seems like a minor holiday but actually commemorates the giving of the Torah to the Jews. That's pretty major. Traditionally, one does no work, eats dairy food, and stays up all night studying the Torah. 

I don't think I'd better even attempt the no-work thing. I can eat dairy food though, and I do have my new Torah and I could do more than the usual amount of reading in it. 

So I had some things I wanted to get at Sprouts. Soft cheese, for instance, to make blintzes, some feta for a feta cheese salad or two, and they sell jars of rendered duck fat which would be a good substitute for schmaltz for making matzo balls so I had my eye on that since seeing it last week. 

I thought I might cheat on the blintzes and make them using phyllo dough, but Sprouts didn't have it. They had other stuff though so I got a pretty good load of things. I walked back over to H Mart and got a little bag of flour to make the crepe part of the blintzes and since they had some carp in the fish department, got some carp. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Things left unsaid

 They were holding another rave or whatever the hell it is last night. Tons of people, starting at 2AM, parking lot full, people hustling in...