Sunday, June 2, 2024

Sunday morning - feeling better

 I watched a pretty good movie called "Plan A" last night, went to bed, woke up at about 3 in the morning just in time to hear/feel an earthquake come through - a quick BANG. Then went back to sleep, woke up at 10 or so because the guys next door started pressure washing things. Which they're perfectly welcome to do as it's an industrial area. 

The thing on my lip is largely gone. I think I can practice today. My balance is less fucked up, and my throat's no longer scratchy. Part of me wants to go out busking later today but I'm not sure. 

As I type now there's Supreme Court Justice Breyer on the radio and man, I'd sure rather listen to him than to my older sister who couldn't go a day without parroting a right-wing talking point like "We're a republic not a democracy" or "Nixon was our smartest president". I think the first time I saw her mask slip a bit was when we were driving in Waikiki and there was some teenage girl trying to sell T-shirts on the sidewalk. Probably it would be the only way her family would eat that night and I've sure been there (except for me it was picking shells or weeding lawns or something) and my older sister snapped that that kid should be put in jail. For trying to survive? 

I picked out some things to list, not the 30 I'd like to, but 10 that have a few high-value things among them. I photo'd them and then listed the first 5, that are small, to get them out of the way. Then I packed 3 packages to go to FedEx and took them up there. Around back of the FedEx / H Mart complex, I looked around and found two bundles of broccolini. That stuff's usually expensive. 

I rode next to Tom's place as it had looked like he was there. His wife was there, using his camper to make a long, private, phone call. I think back home to Iceland. Tom was inside and we hung out in front of his office, eating raw peanuts and giving some to the "pet "crow, and talking about all kinds of things. It's just nice to hang out in a place that's not work and not home; a thing nearly unknown in the US these days. I gave Tom one of the bundles of broccolini too. 

I got back here and cooked up a nice veggie and beef dish, using a miso spice packet from miso ramen. Then I listed the other 5, large/high value things. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Things left unsaid

 They were holding another rave or whatever the hell it is last night. Tons of people, starting at 2AM, parking lot full, people hustling in...