Sunday, June 23, 2024

A test of character

 I got home after all those adventures yesterday, didn't have much appetite but got into the bottle of wine I'd had just one drink of and finished that off, and went to bed to sleep. I woke up around 8 or 9 in the evening, then ended up staying up all night and going to bed around 6AM. It's half past noon now. 

I'm not going out busking for a number of reasons. First, I haven't been practicing so my tone is not going to be good and that's primarily what people relate too; good tone. Secondly, I didn't have my quiet day inside reading yesterday so I'm going to have my quiet day inside today. Thirdly, the heat is awful to be outside in and I got enough of that yesterday. 

So I have exactly zero money to spend until Thursday. It might be an interesting test to see if I can go until Thursday without spending any money. 

I had my nice quiet day, except I also prepared a load of books to take to the Recycle place, because if I don't feel like busking I can at least make enough on them for some eggs and veggies. 

I also got 20 things ready to list tomorrow so I can just do some minor cleanup (some things are dusty) and photo them and hopefully have them all listed by noon. 

To finish off the first of the half-gallons of milk I had, I made a fish curry that was milk based. It was pretty easy and came out well. It was a matter of sautee'ing the vegetables first, then adding cabbage and a little water, then 500ml of whole milk, the seasoning, and pieces of fish. And bringing that up to a small boil very carefully because milk can burn. It was good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The media loves fascists

 My plan was to get to bed early last night. It went so-so. I practiced trumpet a bit less than an hour while watching a documentary, then g...