Thursday, June 27, 2024

The first Hitler so-called debate

 Ken came over,  I got my check, plus he brought me a burger and fries which I ate. He gets these deals out of the newspaper for things like 2 burgers 2 fries for $6.  So that was dinner sorted. That didn't keep me from having some honey-roasted nuts and a matzo with butter for a before-bedtime snack though.

I've done it, I've gone without spending any money since Sunday. I've got 20 things cued up to list tomorrow, and a few things to ship today. 

The first so-called debate (at best it will consist of the adult in the room, Biden, being normal and adult and low-budget orange sHitler throwing a tantrum or three and pooping himself more than usual) is tonight at 6 local time. I could find a local watering hole with TV and watch it while having a few drinks and perhaps dinner, or I could get out early, get back early, and watch it on YouTube on the CNN channel which would save me a lot of money.

I do want to budget beer money for the actual election, after all. I plan to go to the same place I went to in 2016, and a generous budget as if Democracy does not fail, I want to buy people a lot of drinks. 

But in the meantime I'm gonna cheap out as I plan this week to send $60, the same amount I sent to KQED, to the Biden campaign. So my "allowance" will be $140 this week. 

It's good to see my bank balance inching up to 5 grand again. If I busk enough, I should be able to keep a "float" in there of 10 grand. This is why I want to find a "shepherd's crook" (short) cornet because I can put it and my tip box in my bike bag, busk before going to the Friday night service at the temple, and thus bring an extra $40-$60 a week into my life. Plus I can experiment with a plunger mute which might be a lot of fun. 

I packed all the things that had to go, which were only about 5, that I could carry just fine. I got out of here around 3, went to the post office and dropped the things off, then the bank where for some reason, according to the teller, I have about $200 more in the bank than I thought  I did. Banks will never stop giving me the creeps. I'll feel better when my grand plan is all done and I'm retired in Israel because then I don't have to worry about having thousands on hand to fund my leaving, because I'll be there. 

I went over to the used book store and turned in my books, getting $25 and change in trade credit. then I went over to Whole Foods and got chicken and veggies and a beer. The beer was great for being cold and fizzy, but made me feel a bit sluggish so I got a can of coffee and drank that too. 

I went over to the Teen Challenge Thrift Store and gave them the books the book store didn't want and a bunch of OTC medicines and stuff I'd gotten also. I was told they'll excuse me this time, but I need to bring in donations before 5. I found another pair of glasses that looks pretty close to my prescription so  I got those for $3 so now I have two pairs. 

Between the beer and the coffee and feeling pretty good about having obtained another pair of glasses without paying hundreds, and the trade credit I have now for books, I was feeling pretty good and decided I'd try to watch the Biden/sHitler debate. The Fountainhead had it on but with the sound off and subtitles. I wanted to hear the sound and after looking in a few places, found it was playing in Teske's where I got bread and butter (free) and a 1/2 liter beer which I didn't finish. 

The debate was nothing special, El Dumpo spouting a lot of lies and Biden trying to assert normality. The best part I saw was Biden telling Donnie Diapers he has "the morals of an alleycat". 

Teske's was really dead. Like 3 other people in there. The bartender wasn't showing up so I left a $20 on the bar and took off. I wanted to see if any places were hepped up about it. In vein, as none of the other places I looked at had the debate on, but rather a soccer game. This is quite a bit different from 2016. 

I rode back here, picking up some books on the way, put things away here and went back out to H Mart and Sprouts for Shabbat shopping, wine, some roast beef, fish, etc. 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The big lift

 I actually got in some practice, and then tucked into a bottle of cheap wine I'd gone and and bought from TAK Market (not that cheap!) ...