Friday, June 21, 2024

Friday blintz day

 I was so tired after riding around doing errands yesterday I kind of pooped out. So when I was up at 9 this morning, I had my coffee with cream and listed the Ebay things I was to list last night. 

Then I got the cooler I have down from the loft, cleaned it some more to make sure it's clean, and took a loop from Bayshore to 10th to 4th to some street named after a plant I forget, noticing there's a really good park there with tons of exercise stuff. Yay! Popped out at 1st street and rode North to the one place with cheaper ice. They only had small bottles of milk, though but said I should go to their other store, the 76. 

I went up there and they had half-gallons.  I got two which might be one more than I need. Gonna be drinking a lot of coffee with milk! I rode home and first made the filling by crushing the bunch of macadamia nuts I had, using a big metal bowl and the bottom of my coffee mug. Then added ricotta cheese, cream cheese, salt and sugar, and almond extract because most people don't really know what a macadamia nut tastes like and I feel it will bring out the flavor more. Took a taste and it was good! 

I put the filling in the cooler with the ice where I'm keeping the half-gallons of milk too, and mixed up a batch of crepe batter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things left unsaid

 They were holding another rave or whatever the hell it is last night. Tons of people, starting at 2AM, parking lot full, people hustling in...