Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Whether to arm up

 The peanut gluten curry went well last night, and I got a little over an hour's practice in - as I should do every day. 

On the radio when I got up at noon they were talking about a book, something like "MAGA's plan to 'finish what they started'" and the author went on about how when Fat Orange was largely silenced for a while, it was "grassroots" organizing that kept the movement going. This of course is a direct parallel to Hitler being largely silenced and his base of criminals and cretins keeping things going. The famous book-burning wasn't started by a command from on high, but a spontaneous thing by Nazi students. In the same way the exact parallel today, of Nazi students linking arms and keeping Jewish students and professors from entering the campus, beatings of Jewish students and professors, etc. 

Arming up again would tie up a lot of money and I sold Ken my guns on the idea that I'd be out of here before I'd need them as a regular everyday carry item. The idea is to have plenty of money on hand to be able to, if needed, take a spontaneous vacation in Israel "to visit the birthplace of Jesus" or some shit, but mainly to get out of here. It could leave my conversion process unfinished but it's possible to complete it there. The main thing would be to be able support myself at least by playing the trumpet and blowing shofar, and of course there are tons of other things I could do. 

That's the question: Are we in the equivalent of late 1932, or merely mid-1922? As I'll keep saying, this blug is no "Berlin Diary" by Klemperer, but it may be interesting to read some years in the future, if Blogger isn't wiped out or Nazified to the point where only blogs by the Stormfront crowd are allowed. 

It's funny, I was all antsy to raise money by busking or selling books to get some peppers and a dozen eggs, but what changed it was finding that big can of really good tasting "honey roasted" nuts. I can turn in the books on Thursday or Friday for trade credit, and I've got plenty to eat here and found a couple of peppers and a big one in the veggie dumpster so I've felt no desire to get out and raise/spend money at all. So I guess I'm passing my little test of character. 

I packed all the things that had to go, most of them medium to large, and also had time to finish a load of laundry I had soaking, give myself a haircut, and when I was done packing, make and eat an omelet filled with ricotta cheese with fried jalapeno pepper pieces. Yum! 

I did my run, found packing stuff, and got back here, and did a good parking lot cleaning because it needed it and the cleaning guys had left some kind of big hairy (as it it intentionally looked like some kind of long haired pelt) comforter or something - at least freshly washed. The trash, gathered in a big bag, went into a dumpster and I put the pelt in a box out by Bayshore because maybe someone will be able to use it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

The big lift

 I actually got in some practice, and then tucked into a bottle of cheap wine I'd gone and and bought from TAK Market (not that cheap!) ...