Monday, September 30, 2024

Once A Dancer...

 On my way home yesterday I found a book, "Once A Dancer" by Allegra Kent. Allegra is Jewish from two Jewish parents and looks a *lot* like my older sister. I want to read at least the first part, about her apparently unsettled childhood, kind of like mine was. Yet she found she liked something, dancing, and made it her whole thing. 

This was a good decision because dancing doesn't take tons of materials or supplies or anything. Musically, only singing is like that, taking no equipment. You can be in deep poverty and still learn either skill. 

In my own case, I was pushed to be an artist and I wasn't able to keep anything I did, it was taken and sold if I didn't sell it myself first. I think that's what really soured me on it. 

Now that our Ebay status is back to "Above Average" I've got tons of things to ship. 

It took me all afternoon to find 12 good 0.15uF 50kV capacitors, and drastically lowered how many we have on Ebay. I think I could come up with 5 more. Then I packed them, 6 per box in two boxes, each weighing around 40 lbs. I also had to pack a fan a guy was antsy about, that I'd actually packed first, to go by 2nd day air. 

So I'm ready to go, and got ready to haul these things to FedEx. One of my bike trailer tires was low, so I got out the pump to pump it. Well, the Slime inside had jammed up the valve core, so I replaced the valve core with one that worked better, but then whatever flat the tire had had a year or two ago, opened up and the tire went flat. 

I ended up putting the trailer and big boxes back inside, and just rode up to FedEx with the fan. I got a few things in H Mart and a couple more in Lowe's then found some bubble wrap and stuff on the way back. 

I'd spotted a "crypto server" thing in the medical place's trash and after dithering around way too long, walked back there to get it and on the way, two bums zoomed by me on bikes. I knew where they were headed. Yep, when I got there one of the bums had the server turned around so I could see the motherboard was gone anyway. I said to him, "Good luck!". 

I walked back here and made some fish soup. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

2 lbs down

 It's Sunday, and I started this day by weighing myself. I'm 2 lbs down from last Sunday. That's how the keto diet works. 1-2 lb...