Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Wanna buy a hot bike?

 I slept until noon. I have my breakfast then gave myself 2 hours to take a big thing apart, a half-hour to fry some eggs and eat them, and 2 hours to pack things. It turned out fine and I was able to get all the things packed. 

I took the things to the post office and FedEx, and found lots of packing stuff on the way home. At one place there were some of those huge prints that were so popular in the 80s, on foamcore. I  took the foamcore because it's great packing material. There were also two big sheets of acrylic that had served as glass on the artworks so I took those too. 

I stopped by Tom's to hand off the acrylic sheets. We didn't talk much as we both had to get back to work. I found some interesting assemblies with relays and motors in them at the medical device place, so when  I got back here the bike was *really* loaded. 

I got back in here and then took two Walmart bags, one for some rotting Romaine lettuce I had, and one for a leaking high voltage capacitor, and took them around to the other side of the building to put 'em in the dumpster there. Too bad! The thing was loaded up like one of those ice cream cones with all kind of crap in 'em. I just stashed my things in a box behind the dumpster and found an interesting book, "Messing With The Enemy" by Chris Watts, in new condition. 

Meanwhile there were these sketchy-ass people in the parking lot in a minivan, who had this electric bike, styled like a chopper, they wanted to sell me. I said I already have a bike, two bikes in fact. 

And once done with the dumpster thing, I set about burning my trash with sensitive information on it, and also cleaning the Shop-Vac so I can put a new bag in. So this chopper bike guy was riding around and I clipped my larger pepper spray on my pocket and kept up my tasks. They went away and now they're back, Oh fun. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Things left unsaid

 They were holding another rave or whatever the hell it is last night. Tons of people, starting at 2AM, parking lot full, people hustling in...