Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Behind the curve and trying to dig out of the hole

 I slept until noon today, after having, I guess as the last dream of the night, a really dystopian one about the electric train. The train was pretty close to the opposite of my actual experience riding one of the electric trains, even hilariously so. The only thing that had some reality to it is, as I've read on Reddit, there's only one toilet per train. I even used the toilet on the electric train and it can't be beat for that "family" experience by which I mean, the door doesn't lock for some reason so I had the door pop open and some people got to see me sitting on the pot. 

On Reddit they're bemoaning this one toilet per train situation, and saying CalTrain personnel have already had people pee in the trash cans. Meanwhile, others are saying, BART has no toilets and people have been getting by fine for decades. So in my dream, there was a little river of pee on the floor which I had to avoid, with some success I emphasize "some". What a weird dream! But in the Talmud it says that dreams don't forecast anything; they're just about things you're worried about or what happened in your day. 

Ebay sales continue to be low. I think it's gonna be like this until the election and then hopefully Harris wins and everyone breathes a sigh of relief or grumbles and then it's back to normal. If Cheatin' Cheeto wins, all bets are off. Turmoil and a huge recession at best, civil war very much on the table. 

I started my day with listing 10 things, one of them a "big" $100 thing. I think  I see what's going on. Our feedback rate is almost 100 a month. But our sales $$ is down. So I think I'm not listing enough big/valuable things. 

I packed about 16 things that had to go out today to not be "overdue", took them to the post office and FedEx, found a large box or three, and stopped by Tom's. He's still sick. James was there and ... he'd gotten his truck into the parking spot under the trees next to this RV and when I'd walked out there with the wrench I hadn't seen him! He'd seen me, and was like, WTF? Guess I'll have to solve the problem myself... he ended up backing his truck all the way back to "his" place across the st. from Tom's. 

I told James I was awfully sorry, that I've been working so much ... I'd also been working extra hard, hadn't eaten much, etc. What I didn't tell him is that I "cheat" by not wearing glasses. I told James he should have yelled louder. That's one thing about James. Unlike most guys he can't really holler. His voice is soft and it's kind of hard to understand him because he says everything super fast. Ah well he got back to his place OK and as I said, "At least I know where to find an 11mm wrench in my shop in a hurry". 

I got back here and tonight's dinner was cooked broccoli with Kewpie mayo on top and then on top of that, sauteed' shabu-shabu beef I got some Nijiya. Good stuff! 

I'd had a couple of tea eggs from 99 Ranch right after the post office so I'm eating a very "keto" diet now and I think I'm adjusted back to burning fat. Under this diet I only lose 1-2 lbs a week and one week I actually gained a lb but the thing is, it's slow and steady and it works. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting my Sunday the right way

 By sending $50 to the Harris campaign, of course!  I got a little practice in last night, and also had an interesting thing happen. The dum...