Wednesday, September 11, 2024

A resounding win

 The media agrees with me, the debate yesterday was a resounding win for Harris. The mainstream media is a little less fawning on Dirty Don now, and maybe they've concluded that this particular dictator might not be so good for them after all. 

Today's 9/11, and Harris and the Diaperman both went to the memorial. I'm sure Harris made a great speech and the Dolt gave a thumbs up and talked about himself, sliding in the odd observation that the people who died were suckers and losers. 

While watching the debate I got together my last batch of books. After this, no more book racket for me. I'll go back to using the little free libraries as libraries, taking only books I want to read, then returning them when done. 

I left here at about 2:30 maybe 3, with my last load of books and some packages for the post office. I did my drop-off at the post office while the zombies in the park there fought and gibbered etc. Then over to Recycle Book Store where I handed them over, saying "This is my last batch". The guy asked if  I was moving, and I said no, that I just find books. And that it was a good thing when I was buying books I wanted like that one $60 one, but now I've got tons of reading ahead of me and I'll just go back to playing my trumpet. 

Because if I'd just played trumpet yesterday/today, I'd have made more money and gotten my Recommended Daily Allowance of practice in too. 

I got $8 for my books today, and had about $9 already. I went to Whole Foods and bought wine, then counted up what I had left. About $3.50. I got a hard-boiled egg, a bunch of Parmesan cheese shreds, and a dollop of tahini salad dressing, from the only bottle that wasn't empty. And my sneaky trick: I got a packet of soy sauce from the sushi counter. Whole Foods believes that you'll die of covid if you salt your food, so salt is unobainable. But shoyu is very salty. 

I also got a 89c can of seltzer water. When it came time to pay, however, I was about a dollar short so I had to put the seltzer water back. That's the kind of economy we're in these days, a 1930s sort of one where even a bit of seltzer water is an extravagance that must be foregone. At least the egg and cheese etc was pretty good. 

I went to the Good Karma bike shop and asked if they had any sew-on patches. I had to explain the concept, then the big gal there who I'd bought the folding bike from went into the back and gave me a handful of Palo Alto Patagonia patches. I'm hoping one of those will cover the "Danskin" logo on the yellow jacket I got from there. 

Now I had to donate the rest of the books, to the Peace & Freedom Center. This meant going through the center of downtown and that meant often traveling no faster than this or that shuffling zombie, so that took a while. At one light, a blonde zombess was crossing in front of the cars, not giving a shit. Then the thing stopped and waited, and when the light changed, didn't appear to notice. Then, when the walk signal was still on but the left turn arrow was on, thus the tantalizing chance of being hit by a car, the zombess looked down at an invisible watch on its wrist and sauntered across. Zombies don't care, they're already dead. 

I got to see that even at 4 in the afternoon, there are a lot of students walking around the Paseo de San Antonio, and it might be a good lunch time place to busk. Also tons of zombies shuffling around and smelling bad, but I can bring my larger pepper spray to deal with them. 

It was 5 when I got back here. The End Times wind is really strong today so the ride was very slow. 

I packed a heavy (but not too big) thing that has just sold and with another heavyish-largeish package, had a load to take to FedEx. I took off at 6, and by the time I got to Fry's the going felt like I was going up a hill. I stopped to pump the rear tire up a bit and I think that helped but I think a lot of it was the weight I was hauling, the wind I was working against, and I was already tired from all the riding I'd done doing the book run. 

Also I'm pretty sure I'm keto-adapted now and that will make a difference. I need to start weighing myself once a week. 

I got to FedEx to drop off trash and the two boxes, and coming in, I heard this loud music. The source of the music turned out to be a teenage Gypsy boy with an amplifier and a "keytar". He was playing this one riff over and over but it was catchy and sounded good. I still had those 50 "unlucky" pennies from earlier so after my FedEx business I went over with my change bag and dumped all these pennies in his pot. I saw a $10 in there and it looked like he might have been doing pretty well. It's hard to say because I'd have to know how long he was there, maybe hang out at the Starbucks and observe, etc. 

But it's an intriguing thought, because other than the fact that I'd have to set up on a parking lot island like the kid was, I'd say it's a good busking location because the place is typically busy as hell, and people are all funneling in and out of a smallish area. 

I got some boxes from the EMT place, and as I left there, noticed the rear tire was feeling kind of squishy. I stopped by the tire place to pump it up more and rode right back here. I think it's spit out so much Slime that it's gone dry, and I'll actually have to do something about it now. 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...