Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Bibi needs to be a hard guy

 Bibi fucked up by not going in hard and fast on October 8th. They'd probably have a lot more hostages retrieved alive. But no, instead Israel's being too soft and my opinion is that the hostages are either (a) dead or (b) going in hard and fast now, causing the terrorists to execute them would give them the welcome relief of death. Israel would be much more respected if he went back to Moshe Dayan policies. 

Tons of Jews/Israelis hate Bibi but the only fault I can see is that his military took on a "macho" aspect which caused them to ignore the warnings of the October 7th attack, which the largely female intelligence corps was trying to tell him about. There's a reason Judaism has more matriarchs than patriarchs, fella. 

It's what's become the usual grind on the radio and on Reddit. Jewish people on Reddit talking about how *none* of their non-Jewish friends checked in with them or cared one bit about the October 7th attack. Actually tons of non-Jewish friends lost over this.

I have no idea why my two pretty much useless, drama-farming, non-Jewish friends back in Hawaii are not talking to me but one reason may be I am a Zionist and they ... seem to think Israel ought to be like Hawaii, a nice theme park to visit, thoroughly tourist-ized and colonized. Just like Hawaii where the "luau" you go to is commercial and staffed by Asians, the hotels are owned by Japanese, "Hawaiian" anything is thoroughly non-Hawaiian, etc. For instance in Whole Foods yesterday I looked at a package of, I believe it was called, "Kahuna Krunch" trail mix. It had pineapple, cashews, macadamia nuts and probably a bit of chocolate, none of these things native to Hawaii.  

Don't get me wrong, Hawaiians are utter savages. It's their own people who screwed them over and some of the chiefs were brutal in a way that would make Eichmann cringe. But they should get a chance in life and instead tons of them are homeless, or working the lowest jobs. They're the tip of the spear for the ruling class, the Asians. So the Hawaiian cop may ticket you for "walking while white" but it's his Asian boss who encourages this. The place is just beyond fucked up.

I was up late last night cleaning things up (like a couple of useful stacking bins the guys next door had tossed out) counting things, moving more capacitors onto the shelf I've set up for them, etc. I did the counting while watching "The Stand" the original 90s one. I know people gush over it but I could just not get into it and eventually changed to an Adam Curtis documentary. 

I listed 10 things, then got to work packing the two things that had to go today and another thing that's really large that took me something like an hour to pack itself. The shipping was super high for that, over $100, so I saw that I could ship it by UPS and it would "only" be $80. But I had to move fast because the UPS nearby that's open late enough to be useful to me, the one at the Doubletree Hotel, closed at 7:30. 

So I loaded the bike trailer up and got out of here, and got it there a few minutes before 7. It's really nice to know about that UPS, that's actually in the hotel. I told the lady there that I'm really glad they're there. 

Then I rode to FedEx with the other two packages and dropped them off, picked up some shipping stuff, and got back here. I put things away and then headed out again for some shopping. I did the usual thing, locked the bike at H Mart and bought a couple things in there and then walked over to Home Goods where I bought some Xylitol gum, Ross where I found a package of 5 black T-shirts, and Sprouts where I got some wine and roast beef. 

It looked weird out there because a lot of the street lights are out. I saw PG&E trucks on my way over to the Doubletree so they're probably working on it. 

I was just going in here when I saw what looked like James' truck. I stopped because I wanted to ask him if Tom's over his covid. But James seemed to stop, halfway across the entryway to the complex here, and not be able to start again. He said the brakes are locking up, but he could push the truck a bit and the wheels seemed to turn fine. We talked about general things - he's not sure if Tom's feeling better or not. And various ways to get the truck going again. 

We came upon the idea of maybe letting fluid out of the brakes so they'd work less well but maybe not lock up. He only needed an 11mm wrench. I told him "Let me put my groceries away and I'll see if I can find an 11mm wrench that won't even be missed". 

I got back in here, put things away, and dug around and found an 11mm wrench that looks like it came out of one of those little motorcycle repair kits. Perfect. I walked back over with it but he was gone so I guess he solved his problem. 

OK time to cook something and eat. I had a big bag of fresh basil I'd gotten from the veggie place, and I went through that, picking the best tips. Then I went back through it again and picked out the nice leaves, and spread them out on cardboard up in the loft. I should have a nice batch of dried basil this way. Then I minced the tips I'd gathered, and cooked them with diced onion, lots of butter, and a bit of tahini to make a pesto sort of thing. Then I fried some rock fish and put that on top. It was delicious. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...