Sunday, September 1, 2024

The resurrection of the fan

 I didn't do much yesterday, but one thing I did was get the fan I thought I'd killed by washing it, down from the loft and tested it - it works fine. I had a feeling that if I put it up there where it's really warm and dry, it might dry out and work again. So now I've got two of these excellent fans. 

I didn't feel like busking today and felt that if my heart's not in it, I should not go. But also, tomorrow's a holiday and if I can get up early enough, I can go busk tomorrow. 

I sat around here and then finally got going, headed for downtown. First I threw out trash, then went to Whole Foods ant spent about $76 on stuff, it was vitamins that made it so expensive. And cream for coffee and wine, and various things. 

I loaded the things into the bike bags and thought I might not have time to get jalapeno peppers at Nijiya so I might as well get 'em here. I went back in and their peppers were a joke. Better ride fast, I told myself, and got over to Nijiya in plenty of time. I then backtracked and actually found a fair number of books. 

Then I got back here.  I put stuff away and eventually got around to practicing but at a normal time, maybe 8:30 at night. The thing is, the people in the machine shop next door, some of them are living in there and the last thing they need is trumpet practice at 2AM. Also, my putting it off until the end of my day is not working because then I'm too tired to feel like doing it. 

After practice I fixed up burger in a bowl and ate, and then moved things around in the warehouse and got some of the capacitors out of the office. As I put it, some are capacitors and some are just "assitors". I threw out a few leakers. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...