Wednesday, September 18, 2024

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, naturally.

It's supposed to rain tonight so yesterday I called Ken up and said let's aim for Thursday to bring the rest of the capacitors over. That also gives me a bit more time. 

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that I'm right about good old Pat on the Big Island. He's a hell of a nice guy and even offered to come over to Oahu to help Dave and myself in getting a room cleared in Dave's house for me to live in while I helped him (Dave) sell off a lot of stuff. 

And yet, his message that "American Jews want to *visit* Israel NOT live there" really sounded angry. The only other thing he's gotten angry about was if I mentioned eating meat or anything non-vegan actually, or talking about fishing. Although it probably didn't help that I mentioned that I'd worked the numbers and his cats, obligate carnivores which he feeds food imported from Australia, have the same carbon footprint as a bit more than one more person. 

So yeah, nice as he is, the idea of an Israel not as a Christian-owned theme park but as a self-standing country that's Jewish, pisses him off. 

Likewise I have no intent to buddy up to "Recorder" Ron and the Waffleman, because not only is Ron someone who comes up with vicious gossip about other buskers and characters downtown (he put so much energy into trying to convince me that Trumpet Man was a pedophile that it makes me wonder about Ron) but years ago now there was a "Night Of Solidarity" thing at the temple and I'd mentioned to Ron that I'd gone to it, and made some little anti-Semetic remark that let me know he's no friend. I expect the both of them are on the same page politically. 

This post is GOLD: https://www.reddit.com/r/Oahu/comments/1fk1g2g/some_things_to_consider_for_anyone_from_the/ This is the best rundown of how things are there and why I've changed my mind on going back there.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...