Monday, September 23, 2024

Big shipping day

 I was actually up at 10:30 which was good because I've got someone picking up something and I said I'd be here 12-4. 

Well, I got to work packing stuff and one order, that should have gone out, ideally, on Friday, had to go out. The buyer contacted me and wanted me to UPS next day air it, on his dime. But I thought a bit and he paid full price for the things, and my standard discount on one of them would pay the $50 for UPS next day, so I packed it with some extra software and accessory kits and sent it on my, er, Ken's, dime. 

So I had to run that over to UPS because next day air only makes sense if it's dropped off pretty early in the day. I left a note on the door for my CRT pickup guy, but when I got back at 1, he hadn't come so that's all good. 

I stopped on my way back at a food truck and got a chicken skewer, about the most "keto" thing they sell, except they put extra sauce on it which I dabbed off when I got back here. Sure, due to the sauce there will be some carbs there, but not nearly as bad as anything breaded. And it was only $3. 

In fact, I find that when eating on the keto diet, there's so much stuff you *don't* buy because it's not on the diet, but then you don't want it. The bag of arare from the Japanese market. The tempting croissant at Whole Foods. 

I'm only going to weigh myself once a week but if I'm doing keto right, I'll lose a lb or so a week and that's good progress. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Things left unsaid

 They were holding another rave or whatever the hell it is last night. Tons of people, starting at 2AM, parking lot full, people hustling in...