Friday, June 10, 2022

Zombie problems.

 I took the medical display things apart last night and thought I was so smart, putting the parts into boxes and putting them out at about 1AM for the bums. 

Well, the little zombie car came by and an ugly female zombess got out, looked over everything, and passed on it all. I believe the zombess may by Crazy Chrissie, who had short hair before but I believe that especially in cases where the perp is violent or psycho, hair is cut to shoulder length in women's prisons. She's have grown her hair out, as her profession, along with stealing, drugs, etc., is prostitution and long hair would make her a bit more marketable. Keep in mind, anyone who'd be up for sex with an undead ghoul.... 

After a few hours a guy zombie on a bike came by and sifted and sorted the stuff, then left it. After a couple more hours, it came back and put everything into a big black trash bag and left the boxes. Also, since the toilet here does not handle solids, I'd put a poo-bag into the welding place's trash can and the trash truck that picks it up had not come, and sure enough, this zombie had rooted around in there and taken the poo bag. Why, I have no idea. Is there something about being a putrefying re-animated corpse that makes one want to eat poo? 

After some octave exercises for a half hour, I went to bed and had sorta bad dreams about the annoying zombie. and when I woke up, at 3, I thought about some rules to deal with these things. First, poo bags to be disposed of miles away. Second, if I'm putting things out for scumsuckers to pick up, bag the things up; no boxes. Thirdly, since I'd really rather someone with a car or truck or some of the guys next door pick up my scrap metal, I should put the stuff out in the daytime not at night. 

I was up in time to clean up a bit and dress in some of the nice clean clothes I'd washed and hung up last night. Especially in this weather, the upstairs is like a big dryer so everything was nice and dry. 

I got out of here, took 4 things to the post office, then went to the bank and did my deposit. Then I went to Dai Thanh for some shopping, went by the Amazon place for bubble mailers and the zip ties I'd ordered, then Nijiya for more shopping. I picked up a couple of free books too, "On Writing Well" by William Zinsser and "The Terrible and Wonderful Reasons why I Run Long Distances" by "The Oatmeal". 

I'm actually going to change how I play the book game. Since I plan to leave here in two years, I'm going to turn around and trade my books for cash instead of trade. I'm getting a very good flow of books I've always wanted to read for free, and I just don't need any more music books than I already have and what I might need, like the 2nd of the Trevor Wye Beginner books or La Sonorite' by Marcel Moyse, I'd buy from West Valley Music or order from Flute World anyway. I need to work on trimming down my "stuff" not increasing it. 

It was windy as hell and hot. People in cars seemed to be on edge, one hilarious example being a guy on Taylor who wanted to turn left right in front of me so I had to turn to avoid him and ended up having to ride in front of him, slow of course because ... I'm on a bike! And when he tried to push past I just had to make sure he couldn't do so because that would be unsafe. Some other car honked at him, it was great. I turned finally into the opposing lane because there was an opening, back onto 7th and on my way. 

Zombies were everywhere. Wind usually keeps 'em down but the warmth does the opposite. The wind truly had me down to walking pace at times. This is why I like to get out, get back here, and be done with everything before the sun's down. 

I got back here, put things away, and went over to the "bountiful" dumpster where I got a lot of little pumps. A few minutes' research showed me the pumps aren't worth much at all, so I took 'em apart, kept the motors out which are going for what the whole pump goes for, kept also the battery contact springs which are neat, and the batteries. The batteries went into three bags and will get donated to the little free libraries tomorrow. The wire went into a bag which I put out for the bums. 

I was surprised to find that the dumpster was full after it had just been emptied at about 4AM this morning. It was full due to lots of boxes which hadn't been flattened. So once the coast was clear I went out there and cut 'em all up, and put my bag of scrap plastic parts from the pumps in too, with plenty of room to spare.  I feel if I'm going to use whoever's dumpster it is, I owe a certain amount of work making it better for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...