Monday, June 6, 2022

Dreams can be soooo weird.

I got 15, really 13 because Ebay kept insisting on a bar code number for things that never had them so I gave up on those two things which were cheapies anyway. I decided that 6AM was bedtime no matter what so I went to bed. And had weird dreams.

I was in a group, some kind of tour or volunteer thing, or something, in India. I was hungry, and broke away from the group to go find something to eat in a sort of market area. I wanted meat, and all the things were vegetarian. I finally found a guy selling cheese, all kinds of expensive European cheeses, and I eventually just picked out a wedge of some stuff that tasted halfway between a sharp Cheddar and a blue, and just started eating it. Meanwhile the guy who owned the place, Italian extraction but American as the day is long, has a son who's a hopeful opera superstar. The dad (who I think was actually my memory of the art teacher at Kahuku High when I was there) played an audio of his kid practicing and the kid's doing these "long tones" with his voice and in the middle of it, his wife yells "SHUT UP!". I find this hilarious and am really laughing it up, gushing about how funny it is. 

I'm not sure how the cheese issue ended up but next I was where some low-caste Indians had some sort of coffee or tea machine, taken apart and they had to go take a break or something so I came along and set about cleaning this thing, washing it with a hose and rubbing all the parts with my hands to make sure there was no residual "guck" etc. But I didn't want to try putting the thing together because I was not that familiar with it, and then the Indian guys came back and they were impressed that I'd cleaned their machine. Unexpected, really, for someone of my perceived caste to help people of their caste.... 

There was a bit with people taking care of Philippine eagles because I'd watched a thing on YouTube about them so of course. I have to admit, I often have really weird dreams but I hardly ever have ones that are in the least scary. Just weird. 

I packed all the things that had to be packed and go except a tube of ICs which will go tomorrow. And my ballot, which I didn't get done, too. 

I left at the usual time and did my drop-offs and picked up a couple of neat black plastic half-pallets that had been dumped by Fry's and I'd noticed yesterday. Once in a while we have to ship something heavy by freight, and these will be ideal. I picked up a computer case with the power supply and a DVD drive in it and another computer bit with a little fan in it, and that was it from the fiber optic dumpster but that's OK, it's still a sign that new stuff goes in there every work day. 

There was a zombie hanging around when I came back with the half-pallets and unloaded and started out again to get the computer case. When I got back with that, I kept the door open for a bit to cool it off in here, but that may not be a good idea because I heard a bike and saw a 2nd zombie on the bike, with the first zombie, both of them hanging out and talking for a while by the HVAC place. Naturally, once I noticed the first zombie had ridden by I closed and secured the door. But I have to be more careful. 

Eventually both zombies went away, in the direction of Crack Alley, AKA the bit of Rogers Avenue across from the lunch truck place, where there are several cozy little drug dens set up alongside the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...