Wednesday, June 15, 2022

All Putin has to do is wait

 I got my 15 items listed on Ebay last night, did a bunch of octave exercises, and went to bed. The little zombie car had been "patrolling" through here but still, I think it's just using this route as a way to avoid being seen by the cops on a public road, as a sneaky way to travel between Crack Alley, the zombie camp on the other side of Bayshore, and of course, guys looking to meet up with an undead prostitute. 

I woke up at 3 and turned on the radio, to hear the announcers on NPR calmly and smoothly talk about the downfall of my country into brutal fascism. The Republican party is no longer a party in the conventional sense, but has become a cult of personality - in the few states that just held their primaries, candidates' success depended solely on their loyalty to Trump. Just like the Nazi Party which banned all other parties and required an oath to Hitler personally. 

I have a theory that Putin's war on Ukraine was planned based on Trump stealing a 2nd term, Putin was right to assume there would be one, as there nearly was the beginning of our Trump-for-life period, or our 2nd civil war, on January 2nd. When Putin's paid underling didn't in fact make it, Putin was faced with internal unrest after he'd gotten his "military" all hepped up about the rapine and plunder they'd get to do in Ukraine. (Keep in mind also that just about first, he sent assassins to kill Zelensky, which probably would have indeed won him Ukraine quickly. Zelensky is truly Ukraine's, perhaps Europe's, Winston Churchill.) So faced with perhaps his mob exerting rapine and pillage on Russia itself, Putin decides, "OK, we'll go ahead". 

The 2nd part of this theory is, his fat orange debtor doing surprisingly well, Putin's going to hang on with the hopes (not at all unfounded) that the US will indeed fall to Fascism in 2024. Thanks to Trump, we can look forward to two more years of bloody war in Ukraine and Eastern Europe. 

And when this fall happens, what then? We can expect a roll back to the Jim Crow era, a re-introduction of segregation and the banning, perhaps dissolution, of interracial marriage. Perhaps a return to out and out chattel slavery, as up into the 1950s in the South, blacks women who were jailed were impregnated and their children sold to fund white schools. Plus prisoners are, legally, slaves in the US due to the 13th Amendment. 

I've lived in a country where a Constitutional Convention was thought to be a thing that would never happen but we can expect one of those, with the Constitution radically re-written. Probably non-whites will lose citizenship, we'll end up with a state religion, Krazy AmeriKKKan Kristianity, and who knows what else. 

Hitler made a major thing out of the Jews, but they were less than 1% of the German population. That's about the percentage who are LGBT, who the fascists are already starting in on. With blacks about 13-15%, they can be expected to become the slave class again. 

It's already being discussed on Reddit that no, Canada is not going to want, or be able to absorb, millions of American refugees. International asylum laws should apply to quite a few of us, but as with Germany under Hitler, hardly any who want to leave will be able to. The joke for years has been that Trump's wall is to keep people in, and it's not seeming like a joke any more. 

I got out of here with three FedEx things, dropped them off, picked up some packing stuff and a bunch'a free pills from the EMT training place, checked the "bountiful dumpster" and there's nothing new today. 

I got back in here and had a little can of corned beef spread with mustard and celery for a snack. I've learned my lesson on that spread: If I buy it at 99 Ranch, it's not a fast seller so it's pretty old and gamey. But buy it at Wal-Mart and not only is is cheaper but it's fresh. In fact, Wal-Mart's great for canned meat and fish and a lot of unexpected things. I saw soursop drink there the other day, which was amazing - here on the mainland you'd think soursop doesn't exist. I didn't buy any, but they have nice little 6-packs of diet 7Up for the same price as club soda at Whole Foods so I got one of those. 

While putting things away and re-arranging I pondered my octave exercises last night. I'd been having trouble and finally realized I was pushing the headjoint against my lower lip far too hard - a bad habit from trumpet. With my stubby little hands I have to use the "3 point" system to hold the flute, where it's the base of the right and left first fingers and the place below the lower lip that stabilize the flute. But compared to trumpet, it's very *light* pressure. Once I let off on the damn pressure, I blew some beautiful octaves. 

I really need to get out there getting that money in, busking. And all I have to do is pick up the trumpet or cornet and head out there and I could do it tomorrow. But I am just tired of the whole idea. I'm tired of brass instruments. Whatever I had to prove, I've proven it. I can play up to high C, I've made good money busking, I even outlasted Rabbit Trumpet Guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...