Tuesday, June 21, 2022

101 degrees

 Last night I didn't list anything but settled for pre-packing (printed up label, finding box or envelope, all but the very final finishing) "only" 26 things, and then fiddled around a bit on the shinobue (that thing can do high notes really loudly) and then did some octave exercises but I think I'm doing something wrong because I'm getting worse at it. 

I woke up a bit after 3, had coffee etc., and finished off the packages, and had a couple of hard-boiled eggs I'd boiled last night before taking off. That went without a hitch although of course on my 2nd load into the chute, the chute jammed, which is why I always go to the post office when there are people there. 

I dropped off the FedEx stuff and did my usual route to find stuff, and found some plastic pallets that look really heavy duty, good enough for these two big motors Ken has that he thinks he can sell. I tried calling him but no answer so I just loaded them up, with my handy orange box on top so it was an impressive load. 

I stopped by the bountiful dumpster and it looked worth coming back for, but I had to park the bike a little distance away and tiptoe up to have a look because the business it's associated with was still open. 

I came back here and had some "corned beef spread" with mustard and at 8:30 headed back out to the bountiful dumpster. I got another fiber optic cable and some packing foam, and a Dell laser printer I'm going to see if I can get working for Ken. 

I've been thinking lately that if I made a set of shelves that were the right height, banker's boxes would sit on them and slide out just like drawers, with just enough space there's be little chance of dust getting in and it would be a really neat way to store my clothes and things. I'm tired of fighting with this plastic drawer thing I've had for years. 

When I came back in here with my printer etc., I'd decided that as a favor I was going to take the ugly plastic table and ugly plastic shelves a neighbor was throwing out and that hadn't been taken by anyone, out to Old Bayshore where someone will pick them up. I did take the table out, but the shelves turn out to be just about perfect for what I have in mind. 

I cleaned up the shelves and the printer, moved a bunch of stuff out of the loft and put it out for the bums to pick up, including that plastic drawer thing I always fought with. I printed out a test page on the printer and when Ken emailed asking for a photo of the plastic pallets, the internet being as slow as molasses, I said the internet is slow as molasses right now and I have the pallets at the shop so he can see them soon anyway. 

The internet *is* as slow as molasses, for some reason. I think the heat slows it down somehow, but it's also just general decay. I just need things to hold together for two more years...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...