Friday, June 10, 2022

November 9th, 1923

 This should be dated the 9th but it's past midnight so it'll look like there are two posts for the 10th. 

I woke up at 3, had packed the two things that needed to go into boxes early in the morning while I was starting a load of laundry, and was out of here at the usual time. It was just a few things for the post office and one for FedEx. 

I didn't go to the bank today because I'm out of clean clothes and I kind of reek. So, wash clothes, wash up before heading out, be fresh as a daisy. 

The phone bill was deducted from my account so I'm only saving about $40 this week out of the last pay check. But that's OK because I have a plan... 

I didn't find anything from the Bountiful Dumpster today but that's OK. I've got lots of stuff to list on Ebay between what Ken's brought over and what I've found already. If that particular gravy train is still in operation when I'm ready to leave here, I'll have to show Ken exactly where it is. 

Other good news is that the San Jose farmer's market has decided to become a "night market" running something like 3-7PM Wednesday nights. That's just the kind of thing it could be good to busk around.

And I've just remembered now that I'm not only getting the book "Flute 101" from Flute World but that was just to fatten up the order, the real reason for the order being to get some Yamaha key oil, and since I got the corks last night, once I have the key oil next week when Ken comes by to drop the package off, I can go over the student flute I got, with the "Pad Juice" for the pads, key oil, and I'd like to have a try at putting a fresh cork in. 

I'm not sure if I want to become a full-on flute tech but I'd sure like to be able to work on my own instruments. 

The first of the insurrection hearings were on the radio today and it's chilling stuff. Plus, while taking apart those medical touch screen things I'd beaten that bum to, I listened to some history stuff on YouTube about WWII and what led up to it. Brrr... Hitler's Beer Hall Putsch was November 9th, 1923. The simultaneously comical and horrifying way things are going, I'd not be surprised if the far-right have a big to-do scheduled for that day, 2023. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...