Wednesday, June 1, 2022

WWII type shit

 I listed 15 Ebay things and did almost an hour of octaves practice before bed, and did a *lot* of thinking. The long and short of it is, I have a much clearer plan for my move back home. 

This Ukraine business, this is WWII type shit. The war crimes, the genocide, the taking sides .... for instance Serbia is on the side of the Russians, Turkey's on the fence at best, and China's taking a "Ha ha, let's just sit back and watch the West tear itself apart" which I don't blame 'em for. 

The problem with this last is that the conflict in the West is one between two factions, one of which would lead to more understanding and learned from Asia and in the end acquiescense at least with an Asia-dominated world. The other leads to mass genocide, at least the attempt to wipe the planet of all non-Caucasoids and the resulting huge loss of genetic diversity leading to all kinds of problems, that is if the planet's not sterilized with nukes first. A world run by Dr. Strangelove. 

Biden's not helping, with his sabre-rattling about Taiwan. The Chinese are not Russians and they are not going to commit atrocities in taking back Taiwan if it's done right. There's no way they want to destroy Taiwan or lose physical or human capitol. They're not stupid like the Russians. And the US, doing so much trade with Taiwan, should just want to make deals to keep things humming. 

I hate to say it but the Orange Idiot would be more likely to be realistic about Taiwan. Too bad the Ukraine war is courtesy of him. I believe Putin assumed a 2nd Trump term, and had all the planning in place, so sure was he that the Dumpster would pull off an election or a coup. When this did not happen, Putin already had people's hopes up in his side - whole divisions amped up for the rape, pillage, and especially looting, of Ukraine. It was go ahead or there would be major unrest inside Russia. 

And that bloated turdbag is actually thought to be planning to run for president again in 2024. This is truly WWII and pre-WWII type shit. Well, my plans smack of that lovely era too. 

To think I returned from my failed attempt to make it back home in Hawaii in 2003 ... I thought I'd be better off on the mainland because it's so big, I can go anywhere and enjoy almost any climate. This is before something like 99% of this country revealed itself, in Technicolor and surround-sound, to be a dangerous shithole. 

No, the crime-infested dystopia of New Orleans is not a rational choice, no matter how groovy I get on trumpet. No, I can't kick it in Saratoga Springs, NY with James Howard Kunstler and expect it to become anything but a Nazi town, very soon. The West is drying up. The passages I'm reading on r/collapse about the Pacific Northwest show it's becoming a drizzly Beirut. Meanwhile in Hawaii the problems are Red Hill water and stray cats. The Navy's finally being forced to clean up their act, and as for the stray cats, a little harder times will take care of those. There were very few stray animals around when I was a kid back there. 

Memory: We were at some park near the Honolulu Zoo and someone freaked out, one of my sisters or someone, because a little Asian/Pacific Island kid was catching pigeons. We were freaking out because it was "mean" or something. I remember this with shame now. Firstly, the pigeons were really numerous around the zoo even back then. They're feral and thus, well, fair game. And secondly, that kid was probably going to take his catch home and his mother would cook a delicious dinner for the family and it would become a treasured memory. Whoever that kid is, is probably still alive now. 

I frantically packed 8 things so I'd not have to bother mailing any tomorrow, and took a detour to get around the work they were doing on Brokaw on the train tracks. It wasn't too bad, really. I did my drop-offs both at the post office and at FedEx, went around the detour back, and stopped in for a yogurt drink at the falafel place. That stuff is perfect for this hot weather. 

I found some goodies to list on Ebay and in general things are ticking along really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...