Sunday, June 12, 2022

Calculations

 I woke up at a bit past 3. It was pretty warm last night, and around 2AM I had the door open because it was in the 60s outside and mid-80s in here. So that was a nice cool-off, until the little zombie car came prowling around, then I closed up very quickly. 

I think the deal with the zombie car is, going through here is a handy way to go between Crack Alley and out to Bayshore, probably to just dart across there and into this little loop of a street that "houses" some of the no-goodniks who used to live in the parking lot here until I hounded them out. Since the profession of the female zombies is prostitution (ecch, how do some guys risk having their dick rot off??) it's probably a constant loop, on a good night, of servicing johns by the trucking company or around that area and then going out to Old Bayshore to meet their drug dealers who are a phone call or text away. It's the route least taking public streets, and besides, Queen's Lane is very rough and zombie cars can hardly make it over a cigarette butt. 

Anyway, I did a bit of octaves practice and hit the sack. I think I'm going to have to do without a practice "system" I've used the last few years. I'd find a movie or documentary on YouTube that's somewhat interesting and halfway watch that while practicing. But YouTube is becoming unwatchable, and Amazon Prime Video also, due to the deterioration of the internet itself. 

Also, the temple just sent me $48 worth of raffle tickets with instructions to sell them ... I'm not going around hustling tickets sorry, so I'll just buy them myself so that's $48 I need to give them. 

I'm starting to do calculations for my final "glide path" in that, I've only got two more years here and then I'm going home. I might not live long there but at least I'll be home when things get bad. 

I took off with a bag of trash, three bags of batteries out of the pumps, 28 or 29 AA batteries per bag, and two bags of clothes I won't need. I dropped off the clothes at Goodwill, throwing them over the fence, and took a book from a pile of junk someone had left. I stopped at Nijiya and bought a pack of "Black Black" gum and got $40 cash back. That spurred some conversation between the two guys at the checkout - "Does that have caffeine in it? It does! And mint! I'll clear out your sinuses! It's for people who study!" and so on. 

I dropped off the batteries at the little free libraries and picked up a few books. It was a lovely day in that it was cloudy and I even got sprinkled on a bit. I headed down to Wal-Mart where I got some things, using cash of course because their card machines barely work. I got $10 and change so I'd spent a bit more than originally intended. 

On my way back I stopped at Dai Thanh for some veggies and got $20 back. The cloudy front was just about all blown over and I could see clear sunny sky now - bummer. I got back here and put $30 in the bag with the tickets for the temple, so now I just have to put another $20 in there and I'll have enough, and get change to turn the $10 into $8 and it'll be perfect. Then I just have to write my name and address on them all and turn them in with the money. 

So I was able to do everything I needed to plus a bit more, and am saving $111 this week in the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...