Thursday, August 15, 2024

Thursday

 Well,  I got up at around 9 and no weird blue screen on my computer. I've changed my Google password anyway and if there was one I'd just 3-finger it away. 

Ken came by last night and we talked a ton (this time about vintage CPUs) but he'd forgotten his checkbook so he's coming by some time today or tonight. 

I showed him my new lamp setup, and the new toilet seat which frankly reminds me of the ones you find in low-budget hotels. It would have been $50 or more for a really solid one and $50 or more for a toilet seat?? This one will be fine. 

I cleaned up and photo'd 25 things, packed another thing, and took off for downtown. Got rid of trash and dropped off the packages at the post office. Then over to Whole Foods where I had a plan. I had $5.29 in change and that would be enough for a bottle of their $4 wine and hopefully a can of fizzy water for Ken when/if he stops by. 

But I got thinking about how my day would go tomorrow and how I'd have to rush over to Whole Foods after the service at the temple and buy a ton of things, and decided screw it, I'll buy those things today. So I had chicken and potatoes and a Trumer Pils and got wine and olives and hamburger and all sorts of things. So that's $50 spent, so out of this next pay check I'll try to only use $150 of it. 

Sure enough, Ken came by at around 5, while I was listing some things. I got my check and a new flapper valve for the toilet, and he took off. 

I finished listing the things, and started a load of laundry. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...