Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Business is bad

 I had very little wine last night before bed. So I'm pretty much off it. I have a Tetra Pak that's like 1/2 bottle saved for Friday night and also some Gefen Kosher grape juice - I might mix half and half. 

I got an email - for some reason I'm the "point of contact" for the landlord - and it appears Ken owes them about 4 grand? Lovely. I printed it out and right here I'd like to say, How come it's impossible to print out emails cleanly? There's not even a little icon for print, and I have to use Control-P and it ends up cutting things off on the right margin. I had to complete a couple of words in pencil. 

At least sales are picking up at least for now. I spent a day - it's a day's work - taking a 7000-series oscilloscope apart and that brought in a ton of sales of the parts but then the buyers also noticed I had other parts and other things so it's been a really good thing. 

It looks like Ken's paying a ton of rent for this place though. Knowing him he'll keep on keeping on until he can't and then he won't. What this means for me is I need to be prepared, which I always am mentally because I'm pretty paranoid, for things to go all to shit and my having to leave here. 

I'm pretty mentally rehearsed that I may have to spend the last year or so past my official conversion and prior to moving to Israel, bouncing around this area without Ken's help. I may have to rent a room, stay in motels, something. 

This is why I don't regret buying the Connstellation cornet. A backup horn in case something happens to may main one. Plus a rather unique one having such a large bore and thus a "big" sound. 

I've also been doing the "free buzzing" thing regularly. I'm getting to where I can start to play little tunes which is more interesting. It took me forever to be able to carry a tune whistling, and being able to carry a tune well free-buzzing will be an impressive feat. I'm training muscles that will be very useful in trumpet playing. 

I listed 16 things and packed 16, which went in only 3 boxes because two of them were combination orders. I told one customer I'll send him his things as I find them, finding them being a very time-consuming process. I did get most of them out though. 

I was a cool 85 degrees here when  I got back, so that's a relief. 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...