Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Starting the day with a nervous breakdown is fine

 I got up at about 9:30 (after having drunk a bottle of wine last night) to get a nice early start on things. And did the usual thing, turning on my computer. Microsoft tried to get me to log in, somehow, using my email and email password. Well, I tried a few variants of the two passwords I use for things like email, to no avail. So now I'm worried I might never be able to sign into my email again if I ever get signed out. 

Microsoft said they'd send me a code to my email, which of course I could not get into because I was locked out. I finally tried the 3-finger salute, signed out then signed in with a simple key press which is how this computer is set up. I'm back in for now. I was seriously looking at getting my ass over to Fix Laptop downtown for a new computer, preferably one with a legit copy of Windows. 

This one has a watermark on the lower left of the screen saying "Activate Windows" yadda yadda. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...