Monday, August 19, 2024

DNC starts

 Welp here it is Monday. I got up at a bit past 8, did exercises, and today the 1st priority is to get things shipped out especially a couple of circuit boards that I'll have to find. 

I finished reading the Max Kaminsky book on archive.org last night. That guy knew everyone, went everywhere, did everything. I'll have to go through it again some time and take notes because there were a ton of songs mentioned that I'd like to look into. 

The DNC starts today and there are some who want to make it like the DNC of 1968. I don't think they're going to do it, though, because the DNC of 1968 had huge protests because tons of young guys were being sent to Vietnam. It was a life-or-death matter for them. Now you've only got the pro-Hamas left which I think almost no one actually agrees with and any trouble they cause is going to hurt their cause. 

Someone on r/hawaii asked a good question, Do people move to Hawaii looking for community/family? The general consensus is, other than people who have actual family there and are "local" (means you have brown skin) a bit fat No. 

This is because American culture isn't about family or community. It's about the individual and it's sink or swim, and if you sink, the people who happen to have been your biological parents or who you grew up from babyhood will simply stand around and watch and laugh. 

This is what really tripped me up when I got out on my own. I had family members for whom funding my college would have been no more than a bar tip for them. No one seemed to understand the basic equation, that you help me now, and I help you later. 

It's like the whole culture was designed to be 180-degrees the opposite of Judaism where it's specifically spelled out in the Torah how to do things. You're supposed to look out for each other, especially relatives but other Jews in general, you're supposed to plan and think ahead, money's not good or evil but a tool to be used, etc. 

My own science-fiction-y belief is say there's some greater entity who's trying to get humans, at least some humans, to the next level of thinking and living. The God of the Torah has said explicitly "If you're not gonna follow my laws, I'll find some other people who will!" so there's definitely a desire to get at least some group of humans to the next level. So far it's been a bumpy road for the Jews but they've been the most promising group. 

That's about as technically sophisticated as I can get on this. I wish I could find this wild video I watched, again, because it was some big explanation in terms of ... network theory? About Jews being nodes and this is why Judaism has survived and all these other groups died out. Maybe if I watched it a few more times I'd understand more of it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...