Thursday, August 29, 2024

Sharp as a G.D. tack

 I'm going to stop drinking Lipovitan because that stuff's sneaky. I can take some coffee in the evening to sharpen up and still go to sleep OK but I drank a Lipovitan last night when I started to get dozy then decided to call it a night and drank wine and tried to get to sleep, and ended up getting out of bed and getting out more wine and drinking that to sleep. Ugh! 

Then I woke up around 9:30 which is good I guess. There's a big interview/talk with Nancy Pelosi on the radio and color me impressed. Sharp as a G.D. tack! I've heard plenty about her being old as dirt, but she's still very, very capable. I don't agree with her on everything (I'd be considered to the "right" of her on Israel) but she's a good one. 

We got a notice to pay the water bill by tomorrow or it might get shut off. I talked with the customer service guy at the water company and we're in no danger and when Ken finally called back at 8PM or so, he said he'd paid it. Whew! 

I packed "the things" except for one large thing, and was able to carry them without needing the trailer so I rode downtown, mailed the things at the downtown post office, took the two FedEx ones to the FedEx on the Alameda, then went to Whole Foods. I got two bottles of cheap wine and a bottle of nicer wine for tomorrow night, a couple of $1 sticks of cheese, and a $2 can of Guinness. Except it wasn't. There's this sort of basket they put the single beers, ciders etc, in and this can was in that but none of them were labeled. 

The guy at the checkout checked with a more senior guy and it was "Those haven't bee processed yet, I can't do it" so I just got the wine and cheese, put the cheese in my pocket and the wine in the bike bags, and had gotten $5 cash back - the rattiest $5 bill I've ever seen too. 

I went back in and got a nice cold Trumer Pils and paid with the $5, saying to the guy that Well, these are 50c more but they're always icy cold. (The ones in the basket are whatever temperature the store is.) 

I ate my cheese and drank my beer and then made my way home, finding some books on the way so there's that. 

And eventually, I even found the one large thing I could not find which is a big relief because we do *not* need a failed transaction where I'd have to chalk the thing up as lost and refund the buyer. Like, really not. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...