Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Kickin' ass

 The Democratic Party is kickin' ass right now. Since I was pretty much off the grid and thus wasn't paying attention I don't know if there was this kind of energy when Obama first got elected. But that's what they're saying on the radio. Yes, NPR has actually stopped pandering so much to Low-Budget Orange sHitler, and yesterday the whole afternoon/evening was broadcasts of the Obamas, Hillary, Biden, and a lot of others making great speeches and not without a certain amount of hilarious bagging on the Weird Old Man. 

I've been taking a bottle of wine, pouring it in equal amounts into two 500 ml bottles, then topping up with water. So a watered-down brew, maybe around 9% alcohol. This is all well and fine, but apparently last night I'd opted to have a 3rd 500ml prepared in this way while starting in watching a documentary on Max Ernst on YouTube. 

The Ernst was a great idea but the extra wine was not. I woke up around 10:30 or close to 11, with an awful headache. Cold coffee with cream, pickle juice, Emergen-C, none of these seem to have helped. 

I didn't want to move. But I eventually got to listing the 15 things I still had left over from last night, then packed two large things to go to FedEx. As I was leaving I noticed James with his truck loading up a bunch of appliances. I think the cleaning guys next door were throwing them out. 

I ran the packages up to FedEx and found some bubble wrap and stuff like that on the way back. Tom's supposed to be in Alaska right now but family health problems are putting that off for another month or two. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...