Tuesday, August 27, 2024

It's dangerous to be a librarian

 I listed 30 things yesterday so that's good. Now I need to pack and ship half that many. 

The usual things are being discussed on the radio. Except "usual" these days means how it's dangerous now to be librarian. It's dangerous to be a journalist or reporter. It's dangerous to be a doctor. It's dangerous to be a lot of things that used to be very ho-hum. 

The Nazis 2.0 are at present claiming Kamala Harris can't run for president because of the Dred Scott decision. You know, the one that was nullified by two, count 'em two, amendments to the Constitution. 

I'm beginning to wonder if I was very smart to sell my guns to Ken. The main thing around here would be "pests", zombies emboldened if their orange sHitler wins (most of the homeless are right-wing, which is one of the many reasons they're homeless) and "dotting their eyes" with a .22 would take care of them. 

Decades ago there was a gunsmith named Austin Behlert who used to make parts for Ruger .22's. I had a Ruger .22 pistol and I believe it's a "Behlert trigger" I installed in it to be able to shoot it more accurately. Back in those days catalogs were on paper and I remember looking at all the neat stuff in the Behlert catalog, lots of stuff for the 10/22 rifle and the pinnacle of this was the "Mossad Sniper" version of that rifle that you could order. 

I believe it was in this catalog or in a magazine review of Behlert's products that I learned that the Mossad or Israeli military in general, in urban settings, were doing their shooting within 100 yards and that the .22 was very good for this, being relatively quiet and very accurate. 

I'd prefer not to wind money up in guns again though. I'd rather just save my money. 

I've talked about taking a "strategic vacation" somewhere far away around election time (I'll have sent in my ballot by mail by then) maybe a nice package tour to Israel, but the thing is, the election can seem to go fine, things to seem fine, then they can turn very bad like the January 6th insurrection. 

So I could go, come back in a week or two, think things are fine, and get caught up in a civil war anyway. Or I could sit tight, and maybe enough of the country is as tired of the Nazis 2.0 as I am, and the end of 2024 - 2025 sees a lot of Nazis turned into good (dead) Nazis and the rest of 'em crawl back into their holes in trailer parks and shitty little towns and go back to killing themselves with booze and fent. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...