Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Fun day at Crossroads

 The day before yesterday, I'd come across a big bag of 6-8 pairs of skinny jeans, all neatly folded and clean, in a bag someone had apparently just dropped off outside this clothing donation thing. So I grabbed that and took them home. 

I'd been thinking of taking my expensive Olukai slippers I'm never going to wear, and some other stuff, with the jeans to Crossroads Trading and see what I could get for them. 

So while I woke up kind of late, around 10:30 this morning, and had to photograph 30 things before I left, I left around 1 with the bike loaded down with trash, packages for the post office, two bike tires I don't want, and the big bag of jeans and my Olukai slippers, some cheapo Scott slippers, a pair of new "Ninja boots" (actually tabi shoes worn by fishermen) and a new pair of "Realtree" camo Crocs I didn't know I still had. 

So after dropping off the trash, and the packages, and the bike stuff at Good Karma Bikes, I rode over to Crossroads where I learned the wait would be an hour. So I got to wander around the place and just sit around for an hour. Finally they got to my stuff and they wanted the shoes, but not the jeans. I asked why - they were popular brands like Hollister - and the (plump) lady said "It's because they're *too* skinny, we're very picky about that". Yeah ... plump gals trying to get into 'em and then damaging them in the process of taking them off. 

I took the bag of jeans to the Teen Challenge store and they were glad to get the donations. I'd gotten $18 and change for the shoes. 

Then I rode to Whole Foods and got chicken and veggies and a beer. I could not get motivated to do a Walmart trip after all this, so I picked up a bottle of lemon flavored fizzy water for Ken when he comes by tomorrow. 

So I just rode for home, stopping by the Amazon place for a good number of bubble mailers, and finding some books on the way too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...