Thursday, August 22, 2024

I just can't get over that zinger

 It's the next day and I'm still laughing about that zinger Bill Clinton did last night. I remember when Bill was young and healthy and now the poor guy sounds so old because he *is* friggin' old. He's 78 and said he's still younger than Dirty Don. Of course the Dumpster is breaking down before our eyes. 

In other entertaining news, some pro-Hamas "demonstrators" or saboteurs or something put "maggots", almost certainly meal worms, into some of the food at the DNC. It's hard to get a lot of maggots on short notice but mealworms can be bought in quantity. Frankly, mealworms tend to be very clean because the animals they're fed to, various lizards etc., have to have very clean food. I have dim memories of some neighbors having a pet monkey and I think we were considering getting one, and that got nixed, I'm pretty sure, because the monkey was fed meal worms and with us little kids, it meant "One for you, and one for me..." I don't remember them tasting like much. So yeah, if Hamas has their way, you will eat ze bugz! 

Ken came by last night and dropped off a bunch of boxes of heavy power cords we're almost certain to never sell any of. Gee, thanks. But I got my pay check so that's good. 

It's overcast outside which is really neat. 

I packed 9 things and took off at about a quarter to 4. I dropped off trash, then dropped off the 9 things at the post office, then deposited my pay check (my math and the bank's agreed to the penny) and went over to Whole Foods where I had a $2 tall can of Guinness and a mix of chicken, fish, and a small chicken tender, a real 11-year-old's idea of an ideal lunch. Except the beer I guess. 

Then time for the Weekly Wal. I spent about $70 in Walmart. They had some Osem made-in-Israel consomme'/soup base powder in a big plastic tin, so I got that. I've been buying Gefen kosher ramen but really I should not be eating noodles and should be making gluten noodles or use thinly sliced cabbage or something. The noodles are kosher but made in Singapore, so switching to Israeli soup stock and veggies is a win. 

Now, this Walmart is the "neighborhood market" kind, a small one, and it's friendly and folksy as Walmarts go, but there was some big to-do with lots of yelling, one of the parties, apparently, being (of course) a white guy with what looked like a pitbull-mix dog (of course). I just caught the very end of it, the guy yelling something about "Not with his dog!" and "Equal rights! Equal rights!" (of course).

The ride home was interesting because on this little twisty street that's actually the easiest and safest way to get from Monterey Road to 3rd street, one of the vicious creatures known as car drivers had a go at me with his door. I dodged the murder attempt, with a hearty "SON OF A BITCH!! MOTHERFUCKER!! COCKSUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!!" then as I was recovering from that attack, looking behind me to see if the coward had any desire to fight me not surrounded by a few thousand pounds of death machine (the coward did not) I was going around one of those idiotic huge trucks which was parked at a weird angle halfway in the bike lane, and swerving around that, another cyclist had been, apparently, behind me and to my left and he had to swerve also. We both said sorry, of course. 

I'd like to come up with something you can stick on a car that will emit an electrical pulse so strong that it cooks all the electronics in the car. Engine, nav, any cameras, all of it. But then a good fire does that too and my idea of a purely electrical device would probably be pricey. But a gallon of gas is cheap and matches almost free. 

I stopped at Nijiya for a few things and then got back here. How nice it was to put things away, settle down, and close the door! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...