Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Welcome back, Farhan Alkadi Qaid

 The IDF rescued another hostage yesterday, a Bedouin fellow who has 11 children. The terrorists took hostages who were Israeli Jews, American Jews, Thais, Israeli Bedouins, etc. I'd honestly not be surprised if there's a Chinese or Filipino or two. 

The terrorists are everyone's problem and so many Americans (as with so many Germans in the 1920s) in the 2020s being all for the elimination of Jews disgusts me. 

Meanwhile their diaper-filling God is embarrassing himself more every day. Not that that makes a difference to about half of the people in this idiotic country. 

At least I got a lot of packages out yesterday, got a new shirt at Ross (I have to get back to a keto diet because a couple shirts I really like are too tight to look good now) and got some groceries. 

I'm "allowed" to spend about $20 more this pay period, to keep in line with spending $200 and saving $200 each week. I found a place that sells "rebuild" kits for the Conn trumpets and cornets, emailed them to ask which kit would work for my horn and have gotten no response. So I need to take a look in the valves and see which configuration they are, and decide which kit to get on my own. That will cost me about $25. 

Or I can go ahead and sign up for a thing happening at the Jewish Community Center in Los Gatos, which costs $18. There will be shofar blowing and food and dancing Russian-speaking Jews so I don't see how I can't go. That will be next week and is for the beginning of the month of Elul, during which one is supposed to blow the shofar every morning. This is a great practice regimen to prepare for Rosh HaShanah, the Jewish New Year. 

I left here at 3 with 5 or 6 packages and a load of books. I had $2 in my wallet and about $7 in change. First I dropped the packages off, then went over to the Recycle Book Store and let them look over the books while I browsed around. I found a large book of sheet music, "Songs Heard In Palestine" printed in 1928 and inside, looked like it was just printed yesterday. The cover is really nice and classy too, red with those embossed letters. That would cost me $20. 

I went back to the front and they told me $8 in cash or $13 (or something) in trade. I got the cash, took the books they didn't want out and put them by the bike, and went back in and bought the "Songs Heard In Palestine" book on the trade credit I already had. So now I had $10 in my wallet and about $7 in change. 

I took the books over to the little free library on Shasta street, then doubled back to Whole Foods where I bought a lb of hamburger, a bottle of wine, and a block of cheese. And $1.01 in change. 

I picked up bubble mailers and found one book on the way back, got back here and had some hummus and cheese and olives. 

There are details though. Like, when I turned from 4th street to St. John, by that barbershop there, I saw a lot of papers scattered on the ground with the wind blowing them, and a Sheriff guy, not really in shape to do a lot of stooping and picking up papers (which was bad at, maybe a nail biter) so I got off the bike and helped. The papers seemed to be about something to do with Internal Affairs, and I have no idea how he came to lose them all, but with my help (I'm glad I'm not a nail biter any more, myself) we were able to get them. 

I'd parked my bike by the entrance but obviously there was room for cars to go in and out. Which none were, anyway. But when we were almost done a car pulled up and started honking like crazy. I honestly thought it was someone trying to get the attention of someone in the barbershop or the hookah place there. because it was pretty obvious that the bike parked there was probably connected to the person picking up papers. 

I finally got the last one and handed them to the guy who was very thankful, then the guy yelled out of the car, "Is that your bike?? It's in the way!!" Idiot. There was room to go in so it comes down to two things: The guy's simply living the ethos of driving a car which is that everyone must treat you like royalty and make a wide berth for you, the holy one. Or, since most people who drive cars are idiots, the guy really had no idea of how close or far away he was from my bike, so to him it was scarily close. 

At least the guy I picked up the papers for was thankful, and I got the good feeling that I did a little bit to help our government work. 

And also I noticed at Whole Foods that on this fine Wednesday, there were plenty of people but no scammer booth. So except for the factor of the wind, I could have played and made a little moolah. 

And now Ken's called and won't be by tonight, but will be tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's even funnier the 2nd time

 First the pagers, now the radios. It's almost like being a member of Hezbollah isn't a good idea. Lots of discussion on Reddit, nat...