Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Trouble on the trumpet front

 109th day sober. Along with listing Ebay stuff I practiced before bed time, starting off with an exercise I used to do, where I'd start from G in the staff and do as long a tone as I could do, chromatically down to the bottom, then up again past G again and up as far as I could go. A guy calls the exercise 19/30s and has a whole essay on it - playing relaxed, etc. 

My practice did not go well, otherwise. I'm having real trouble playing anything above the staff. I can still play my busking stuff, so while I'm worried I'm not *that* worried. 

I was up at almost 4. I only had to pack one thing - a brochure - and it was only that and two other small things I took up to the post office. The air quality's about 125 so .... not great, not terrible. It was overcast looking and the sun reddish. On my way back, the sun wasn't as bright as the red traffic lights. 

I went to H Mart on the way back and got a bit over $20 in various things, and since it was so un-busy (just like the post office was really un-busy these last few days) I had them check my card and I had points built up, to the extent that the lady gave me two $10 certificates. Wow. I'd checked it a few months ago and the system wasn't working and just did it on a whim today because the store was so uncrowded and calm. I thought you just built up a certain number of points and however many above that, you just got $10. 

I came back here by way of Junction Avenue and going through the Foxconn parking lot and noticed a white box left next to an outdoor trash can. Someone had cleaned out the lunch room or something, and there were little packages of Cocoa Pebbles, some cans of Del Monte stewed tomatoes with funny black-and-white labels, and six 1-lb bags of long grain brown rice. I took those last to donate downtown. The stuff's not even expired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...