Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Blackberries

 101st day sober. Last night I listed Ebay stuff, and among other things did a practice which went better than the one before but only by a little. It's almost like I over-fatigued something and that's put tension in my playing somehow. I did a lot of long tones as well as the usual practice. 

Up at 3, had my coffee etc., and packed things until about 5:30 then had some hard-boiled eggs and took off to do my post office and FedEx drop-offs. I just picked up some boxes on the way back. 

Last stop was the blackberry patch, where I picked up something like 2X as much as yesterday, and nicer ones too. Somehow, once you start picking them, the plants seem to want to put their best berries forward because the plant wants some creature to eat the berries and spread the seeds around. 

Once back here I decided to see if I could make a sort of fry-up of onions, potato slices, and shrimp, all curry-flavored. It came out great and is proof I can come up with something every bit as tasty and greasy as Popeye's Chicken. So that was dinner with chilled blackberries and coffee for dessert. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...