Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Taking a week off?

 94th day sober. Guess I'll keep this up a year, then I might keep mentioning in passing that I'm staying away from the bug poison. Reading "crippling alcoholism" on Reddit is a pretty good antidote to "the sauce". 

I got Ebay things sorted out and listed last night, and ended up going to bed without practicing because I had a headache again. 

On the radio they're talking about the delta variant really being all over so I'm beginning to wonder about the ethics of busking again. When I started busking again a month ago, I even saw cashiers at Whole Foods not wearing masks because the feeling was that it was over with so it was more voluntary (I kept wearing mine) but now the mask mandate is back. And there's supposed to be a lambda version waiting in the wings. The real acid test is how many are being hospitalized and that's back up.

The extra money from busking is nice but I can save money pretty well anyway. 

The no-show guy who was supposed to pick up his box of drone parts yesterday came by today right at 8 when he said he would, and I handed over the parts and since I turned out to have a couple extra thrust bearings, tiny little things, more than Ebay thought I had, I gave him those too. We talked about all the things that are going away, like Fry's Electronics and other companies we thought would be around pretty much forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...