Sunday, August 22, 2021

Nickels and dimes

 113th day sober. Last night I listed more Ebay stuff and then went to bed, no practice as I was too tired. 

I was up around 3, packed one more large thing so I had two large things I could take to FedEx, which I did. Then I got back here and dropped off shipping stuff I'd found, and headed downtown. 

Last night I'd gotten all involved sorting out my big bag of change, so I had $5.50 in nickels, a bit over $18 in dimes, and now I have a neat tea tin with a slot in the top to drop them into, full of $40 in quarters. I took the nickels and dimes with me downtown. 

I traded the nickels for some fried noodles with pork at Lee's, and ate over at the college. Since they do 2 for 1 at Lee's when it's this late and they're about to close, I also had a package of fried rice with pork which I handed off to a bum. 

I rode around San Salvador and William streets just out of curiosity, as that seems to be where tons of places rent rooms to students, and there are also quite a few shady characters too. Sort of the "student ghetto". 

Mainly I was just curious to see what people are up to on a Sunday around here and also, if there are any other buskers around. There's a guy who plays an electric guitar on 1st who I've seen around. He plays heavy metal sounding stuff.  It makes sense that he's shown up since aside from him it's just Leroy and myself and I haven't seen Leroy out playing at all for a few weeks now. 

I still had a lot of dimes so I spent most of them at TAK Market for some near-beer and peanuts and "bar mix".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...