Monday, August 9, 2021

Manic(?) Monday

 100th day sober. I woke up around 3, had coffee vitamins etc. I practiced last night/early this morning, and was feeling pretty bad because my tone didn't sound right and my higher notes were awful. I just watched stuff on YouTube and kept playing for a while, maybe putting in an hour, and things gradually improved. 

I packed as many Ebay things as I could, not getting them all but getting all the post office ones because I think if I bring those in on, say, the 9th, they don't get signed in until early on the 10th. Whereas FedEx things, I think, get signed in that day even if I'm bringing them in past 6PM. That's my theory anyway. 

I went nuts trying to find one thing - an expensive one - that had disappeared. I was packing two of them and was going to wrap them separately and put into a box, but one was just ... gone. I looked everywhere and finally looked in the already packed one's wrapping and they were both in there. Whew! 

After delivering the post office stuff, I took a ride Eastward to check out a Popeye's Chicken someone had mentioned on Reddit. I ended up getting a two piece with "Cajun fries" and a diet Sprite, and it was pretty good. It had better be for $12. The Popeye's down by Big-5 is too "ghetto" for my taste and the others I've seen look pretty sketchy too but this one is nice. 

After eating I rode back, dropped off the one FedEx package I had, and came back here. I stopped at the blackberry patch which has recovered a bit and had a fair number of berries - and ants. I think the ants are the only reason the birds don't get them all so I don't mind them too much. The berries get a good rinsing anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...