Tuesday, August 17, 2021

A cute little kestrel

108th day sober.  I just remembered now that on my ride to the post office a bird flew low-ish across my path and then landed and I saw it was a cute little kestrel, possibly a juvenile that would have been born in the spring. I love seeing things like that even though the powers-that-be seem intent on killing off any "nature" they can find around here. Hence the destruction of blackberry patches and the neat little ecosystem around Zanker Road is gone. I'd seen one of those wasps who paralyze spiders there, dragging a spider to its hole. 

I practiced last night and kind of re-discovered a long tone exercise I used to do long ago and should start doing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...