Thursday, August 26, 2021

2nd storage unit

 116th day sober. I practiced last night and was not all that satisfied, although if I were to score myself on how well I was playing the exercises in the Rubank book I have to say I'm playing them better. I started off with long tones of course. 

I was up a bit past 3, had coffee etc., packed a few things, and was headed out the usual time. Out on Brokaw Road I heard what sounded like Ken's truck, turned my head and there was ... Ken's truck. Ken told me he'd gotten another storage unit, and was towing a rented trailer from Dahl's. 

I did my drop-offs and went to the falafel place for a gyro. Somehow they've gotten it into their heads that I don't like spices, and it took a 2nd go to get a gyro that approached having the amount of spice I was getting before, and still it wasn't the same. I don't know what's going on and I don't want to have to go through all that so I think I'm going to stop going there. At least they have a bathroom so if I really have to go, I can always stop in and get a yoghurt drink and use their loo. 

I stopped by the medical place and this time, it was a real haul. Tons of AED pads, medicines, etc. I loaded up the box on my trailer and then stopped by the storage unit in case Ken was there but he was not. 

So I rode back along Rogers Avenue and noted 2 cops in SUVs talking with someone in front of this skeezy business complex across from the super-skeezy scrap metal place. This will be important later. 

I got back here and put things away and spent some time sorting out the stuff I'd picked up. I don't think I'm going to need to buy hydrocortisone cream ever again, which is pretty nice considering Safeway's prices. Ditto aspirin. I got tons of band-aids too. Plus odds and ends like little spray bottles and a red dry-erase marker that smells like perfume. I ended up with 6 generous bags of packets of various pills and cough drops and such things, to donate at the little free libraries, the stuff I kept for me, and stuff for Ken also like glucose paste in tubes for diabetics (he's one) and those little individual eye drop things he uses. 

Ken came by at the usual time, wrote out my check, gave me some mail which includes my ballot, and brought by a bunch of stuff to list. When that was all done we sat and talked, and he told me the cops had Rogers Avenue all fenced off. First I thought he was talking about the accident earlier, a motorcycle or two and some trucks or something but this was different. I told him how I'd seen the cops at the sketchiest part of Rogers when I was riding in, around 8. Now, apparently, it was tons of cops and the road closed off to traffic. We decided maybe someone got stabbed and I reiterated how from my observations, homeless people fight just all the time. 

The 2nd storage unit is full of light bulbs of various types, apparently. I've got a key to it now so I'll have to take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stealth

 This: https://www.wweek.com/news/2024/05/16/jewish-student-at-reed-college-is-struck-with-rock-a-day-after-vandalism-of-religious-symbol/ I...