Saturday, August 29, 2020

That red air

Up around 4. I'd gotten 30 things listed on Ebay last night and got a good practice in also, healthily over an hour. And it went really well especially considering how crappy I sounded just two days ago. 

Today I'd have gone on a bike ride, I was considering just wandering around and checking out places I'd seen but didn't have the time to check out like a big building with its own water tower south of I-280 and that general area. I'd have stopped and gotten snacks at cheap places here and there and just had fun exploring my own town. But the air was "red" yesterday, around 120 or so, and when I checked it today, it's around 150 on average. One is not supposed to go out if it's avoidable when the air's this bad so I'm staying in. 

I might take a ride around tomorrow because my shofar is ready to pick up from the Amazon place. Shofars are really hit or miss. Gone are the days of going to the gift shop at the synagogue and trying them out. I didn't want the long Yemenite kind because I think those are kind of silly. Much harder to carry around and too easy to blow. If I am to convert and be a Jew, my Lithuanian side says I will be a Lithuanian Jew, a Litvak, and Litvaks never take the easy way. They, and European Jews, Askenazim, favor the shorter ram's horn type, harder to blow but easier to smuggle here and there, and if you can get a good blast on one of those, you're a mensch! The worst thing I foresee with this one is, maybe the "mouthpiece" isn't formed well and that's an easy fix - just trim that end off and make it better. Or it's not that cleaned out inside, and that's also easy - give it a good scraping. 

I made some scrambled eggs with shiitake mushrooms and garlic, which were good but not as good as I thought they'd be. I followed that up with a salad. I keep hearing the expression "getting tired of my own cooking" but whoever came up with it probably wasn't a very good cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have sciatica, just walk a bunch of miles

 I was up around 10, and had time to list the 12 things I'd gotten ready last night, and didn't have to pack anything because I was ...