Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Liberal with the wine

 Up at almost 4. I'd had the idea last night of drinking "ad libitum" wine and going to bed early, and thus waking up before noon, and doing my packing during the daytime instead of crazy night-owl hours. The end result is, I didn't get up any earlier and I'll have to pack stuff tonight and take it to the post office tomorrow. 

There are wildfires going on and it's all smoky outside, too. 

I rode up to the wine place and got more yeast, another airlock or two, and some "Star San" which is this sanitizer that brewers use. Next was H Mart and got a beer, a fried fish, and a few other odds and ends, then swung by Fry's parking lot and picked up a couple pounds of palm fruit, to try making palm fruit wine. Then I got back here and enjoyed my beer and fish. 

It's smoky and hot and just miserable out there.  It's nice to be in, frankly. Even though it's 85 degrees or so even in the wee hours of the morning. At least inside I have my fan blowing on me. 

I packed things, ate some dinner, packed some more things, and started working on parting-out these microscopes Ken brought by. It seems no one wants to pay much for them whole, but it seems that parts like the objective lenses and things like that go for decent money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have sciatica, just walk a bunch of miles

 I was up around 10, and had time to list the 12 things I'd gotten ready last night, and didn't have to pack anything because I was ...