Tuesday, August 25, 2020

Hoping to simplify

Woke up at 1, got out of bed about 3. It's time to start tapering down from alcohol again. 

I'm glad I got all that brewing stuff out of here. As hobbies go, it's kind of Meh. A good apocalypse skill no doubt, but I have a feeling when things get that bad, there will be plenty of "experts" around who will know how to brew up some nasty-tasting stuff that will at least get people drunk. 

I think I might be able to make busking work, as over on r/busking on Reddit, they're all talking about using something called Venmo (owned by PayPal) and I even told Ken last night that if my bank gets any weirder I'll give the Tech Credit Union a try, or I might set up an account at the Tech CU and use it for PayPal/Venmo. Tech CU's HQ/biggest branch is walking distance from me. That would be interesting because while busking, I guess I'd get a trickle of both cash and Venmo tips, spend the cash-in-hand on the usual things like groceries, and let the Venmo money pile up. 

I tried a new type of bath today. I'd been (rarely) using Simple Green which is a light soap and water. Or using Windex and scrubbing then wiping that off which uses a lot of paper towels. This time I tried the Windex and scrubbing but rinsing with water. It works pretty well and there's no worry about leftover soap being on me because Windex will just dry off. It worked pretty well and was quicker, too.

I couldn't decide whether to go downtown or just up to H Mart and H Mart won. Among the things I got was a bottle of that 112-proof Chinese white liquor because if needed it can be used for cleaning things, and I'm hoping I can taper myself down with the vodka I already have. I also want to get back to eating in a more "keto" way, so I got some pork rinds and a small container of sour cream. When I got back I just sprinkled Old Bay seasoning on the sour cream and dipped the rinds in it. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have sciatica, just walk a bunch of miles

 I was up around 10, and had time to list the 12 things I'd gotten ready last night, and didn't have to pack anything because I was ...