Sunday, August 9, 2020

Fermentation chamber

 Last night I managed to get the Ebay items I had lined up listed, cook and eat some crab cakes, and do a ton of reading on fermenting alcohol. 

I got really caught up on reading about one system called a "FastFerment" but I also noticed I had to keep moving my current batch around, from the bathroom to the workbench in the office to my desk to back to the bathroom ... as I was doing different things and wanted it to be the most out of the way. In my reading online I'd also noticed that a lot of people have "fermentation chambers" which are most often an old fridge ... I realized if I took the shelves out of the VWR scientific fridge/freezer which I've got unplugged right now, it would work and it would keep the jug safe and in the dark, in case that matters. 

So I took the shelves out and it works fine. In fact there's room for six jugs in there and it would all be safe and out of sight. 

I was just having my coffee and contemplating getting all cleaned up and going downtown when who should show up but Ken. He worked on re-organizing an area in the warehouse with a lot of his personal stuff in it, and found a bunch of stuff for me to list. I rode up to H Mart thinking I'd do some shopping and get something ready-made because Ken doesn't like cooking smells, but it was really crowded so I got the shrimp appetizer from "Ono Hawaiian Barbecue" and on the way back, gathered a few blackberries to flavor one of my fruit preparations, I think the nectarine one which tastes really bland. 

I looked at the Bullseye Bishop site to show it to Ken, and amazingly they had 9mm hollow point ammunition for sale, so I reserved 2 boxes and I guess they'll call me and tell me what appointment time I can go over and pick it up, and there goes almost $100 but then that will be all the ammunition buying I want to do. As I told Ken, "If I need more than 100 rounds I'll have bigger problems than more ammunition can probably solve".

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have sciatica, just walk a bunch of miles

 I was up around 10, and had time to list the 12 things I'd gotten ready last night, and didn't have to pack anything because I was ...