Saturday, August 1, 2020

Here's Cooking At You

Up at 3. I got a decent practice in last night, but didn't get ebay listings done which I should have. So I'll do them tonight.

I didn't feel like going anywhere so I stayed in, and for breakfast I decided to try making some sort of pancakes using eggs, some of the shredded cabbage I have a lot of, a little flour, and seasonings. I fried them in lots of butter and they came out great. One of the seasonings I used was plenty of instant dashi-no-moto which is usually used in miso soup and such things. I love inventing stuff on the fly like this; it reminds me of a silly "show' on the kids' show The Electric Company in the 70s, featuring their silliest character, a lady named Winnie. One dish was "drilled dill pickles" where she took a drill press, drilled holes in dill pickles, then filled the holes with whipped cream. It was a silly show, called "Here's Cooking At You" after the old saying "Here's looking at you".




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you have sciatica, just walk a bunch of miles

 I was up around 10, and had time to list the 12 things I'd gotten ready last night, and didn't have to pack anything because I was ...