Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Corresponding with the dragon.

 343rd say sober. I have a funny thing to confess in this area. A month or two ago, I'd found, among other things, a couple bottles of wine. The new, sealed, one went to Ken and the one that had been opened, maybe two glasses poured out and obviously from a party just earlier in the day, I kept and drank. The first drink, a small glass, made my face get red and it was not all that pleasant. In the evening before bed I drank the rest and it was more pleasant but not really worth the trouble and it's very easy to see where it would lead. Alcohol no longer equals "happy" to me. 

I did some practice last night, of course. High C is not as elusive as it used to be. 

I keep corresponding with the dragon, AKA my aunt. She's a dragon in the Western sense, hoarding millions while she's rather cut her hand off than give a starving person a sandwich. I keep corresponding with her because it's like being one of the jail guards in Nuremberg, getting to converse a bit with some truly evil person; it's a sick curiosity. 

But somehow the information shook loose that it was my maternal grandmother, *her* mother, who paid to get my eyes fixed. Of course she (my aunt) thought it was one of my younger sisters whose eyes had been fixed, and I had to say that it was myself who had the bad eyes, in need of an operation (or was it two?) I'd been told it was "relatives" and I'd always figured it must be Dad's side since they had more money. 

That's amazing information. This has happened to everyone in this damned country, that the Lost/Greatest Generations actually gave a damn about their kids and worked together fairly well. And somehow the Silents and, notoriously, the Boomers, have been some of the most short-sighted and selfish people to ever exist. Of course I'm not going to tell *her* that. 

But I might as well weasel out what information I can. She's old and will die soon and take all her money with her, *she* thinks. In reality, medical bills and lawyers will probably get it all, it's the American way. 

Today was a busy day. First I packed a large thing and took it, along with a bunch of smaller things, up to the post office than FedEx. I stopped at the falafel place for a yogurt drink on the way back. Other than that I didn't stop anywhere coming back, but came right back here, and packed three more large things, and took those to FedEx. 

After that, I had shrimp and zucchini at the fish place, and rode my usual route going home. The medical place had their dumpster locked up so someone forgot to unlock it, Oh well. I stopped at the storage place to pick up another one of something we keep selling for $150 each. I picked up a fair amount of packing materials too so I was pretty loaded up when I got back. 

I put all that away, and got to work packing this one huge thing I was hoping I could hand off to Ken for him to take to FedEx. I had it done and was just finished vacuuming the office when Ken showed up, in his wife's Corolla. He told me that not only had he worked on his truck and cut a hose too short and hadn't had time to fix it, but diesel's about a dollar a gallon more than gas so he's trying to not drive his truck. His wife's got a new SUV they got and corolla's now their back-up car. 

This, plus the fact that Ken's going to the dentist tomorrow means I'll have to transport the box myself. It's "only" about 65 pounds. We had an extra long time shooting the bull, and I had to keep the door open because Ken had eaten some salad and was farting a lot. He kept stepping out to let one go. The result of this was I got pretty cold by the time Ken took off so as soon as he was out of here I turned on my little heater fan and made a nice hot bowl of miso soup. 

So now I don't know if I'm going to the bank tomorrow or Friday, due to that big box.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting my Sunday the right way

 By sending $50 to the Harris campaign, of course!  I got a little practice in last night, and also had an interesting thing happen. The dum...