Friday, March 4, 2022

Like a crazy old history show

 307th day sober. It actually rained enough to keep things wet from about 6PM on through the night. I stayed up all night again, did almost 2 hours' practice on the shakuhachi and did some blowing on the headjoint of the flute alone, because that's a fundamental thing. I suspect in high school band, in the same way I was given a trumpet mouthpiece to blow on for a week or so, the flute players were given a headjoint to blow for the first week or so. 

I thought I might be up early enough for a FedEx run at least if not a post office and FedEx run. But I guess I really wanted to sleep. 

Of course there's tons of war news on the radio. When I was in high school, to educate us, there was this show that was like a TV news show where a reporter would go around with his microphone and talk to soldiers out in the field in the Revolutionary War. It was kind of hilarious, really. But now, people have cellphones and there are these interviews with people in Ukraine. It's eerie, like if that old educational show had done an episode on WWII. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting my Sunday the right way

 By sending $50 to the Harris campaign, of course!  I got a little practice in last night, and also had an interesting thing happen. The dum...