Friday, March 25, 2022

Spanish Revolution or Viet Nam?

 338th day sober. I sifted and sorted a lot of lab glass thingies last night and got them all organized so they went into the batch of 10 things I listed last night. At the end of the night I tried a bit of practice but I could not get high notes to "go" at all so quit that and went to bed. 

I woke up around noon, and still find the high noted elusive. This is what happens when I don't practice. I can always play some high and every very high notes, but without practice I can't do it day in and day out, and expect to go out busking for 2 hours and be fresh as a daisy the next day. The same would go for running, or paddling a surfboard, or any sort of exercise. 

The radio is full of war news of course. This thing has some semblance to the Spanish Revolution but may develop into something like Viet Nam, with the US in Russia's place and Russia in the US's. People don't remember, but we did all the atrocities there that the Russians are doing now, and worse. And this was glorified. There were movies about it and the war criminals who took part are still regarded as heroes by some. For killing farmers and women and children, torture, etc. 

I had time to pack everything that had to go, except one big thing going to Germany of all places. I took off a little bit earlier than the usual time, dropped off all but two of the packages at the post office and the last two at FedEx, then had planned to get something at the fish restaurant. But it was packed and Id just eaten at the falafel place yesterday, so Five Guys it was. I saved the bun for my birdie friends. 

I stopped at the dumpster enclosure I'd been working on cleaning up and found nothing worth taking for packing material but the bags of ... whatever ... from the cooler were still there in a pile. They smelled like literal shit. I used a 2X4 from nearby to shove them out near the edge of the enclosure so the rain that's coming in Sunday night will give the enclosure a good rinse. I mean to gradually get that enclosure ship-shape even if it takes a while. The good packing material that comes through at times is worth it. 

The electric lighting place had a big bag full of cookies and pastries and such things so I took the ones that were not wrapped in plastic and spread them around for the birds to have a nice Saturday breakfast, and took the wrapped ones to distribute to the little free libraries. 

I got back here and put things away yadda yadda, and eventually got around to taking this old dinosaur of a piece of equipment apart, which was a bit time consuming because it was of a brand that's notorious for building things really solidly. That gave me some things to list and many pounds of scrap metal to put out for the bums to pick up.

I'm not sure how enthusiastic I am about getting out busking tomorrow. It's supposed to rain on Sunday and Monday, to tomorrow's my one shot for this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Starting my Sunday the right way

 By sending $50 to the Harris campaign, of course!  I got a little practice in last night, and also had an interesting thing happen. The dum...